    told me that this is due to a worm and going to www2.google.com solves the
    problem. Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

    -RR

    Ramiro Rodriguez, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Ramiro Rodriguez

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:33:30 -0500, Ramiro Rodriguez wrote:
    > I recently noticed that google is blocked on one of my computers. Someone
    > told me that this is due to a worm and going to www2.google.com solves the
    > problem. Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

    If it is blocked on one and not the other then something is wrong the
    the broken computer.

    I know that a worm had done that to Micro$oft's update site.
    I have not heard of one for google.com.

    www.google.com works for me and I did not see a re-direct to www2 like
    I have seen on M$.

    On my linux box
    host www.google.com returns.
    www.google.com is an alias for www.google.akadns.net.

    Bit Twister, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Ramiro Rodriguez

    John Larger Guest

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:33:30 -0500, Ramiro Rodriguez wrote:
    >
    >>I recently noticed that google is blocked on one of my computers. Someone
    >>told me that this is due to a worm and going to www2.google.com solves the
    >>problem. Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

    > If it is blocked on one and not the other then something is wrong the
    > the broken computer.
    >
    > I know that a worm had done that to Micro$oft's update site.
    > I have not heard of one for google.com.
    >
    > www.google.com works for me and I did not see a re-direct to www2 like
    > I have seen on M$.
    >
    > On my linux box
    > host www.google.com returns.
    > www.google.com is an alias for www.google.akadns.net.

    Check your hosts file.

    John Larger, Jan 14, 2004
  4. In <> Ramiro Rodriguez <> writes:

    >I recently noticed that google is blocked on one of my computers. Someone
    >told me that this is due to a worm and going to www2.google.com solves the
    >problem. Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

    sounds similar, but not identical, to the following:

    danny burstein, Jan 14, 2004