google being hammered?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    http://print.google.com/ (new page, pretty cool)

    trying to go there now and its redirected here:
    http://www.google.com/sorry/?continue=http://print.google.com/

    with this text:
    We're sorry...

    .... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
    spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
    that your computer or network has been infected.

    We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
    the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
    to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
    software.

    We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
    To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
    If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
    images in order to proceed.
    Andrew, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005

  3. In article <RSj%e.15361$>,
    Andrew <> wrote:

    >To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
    >If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
    >images in order to proceed.

    Didn't you do what it said?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <RSj%e.15361$>,
    > Andrew <> wrote:
    >

    >>To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
    >>If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
    >>images in order to proceed.

    > Didn't you do what it said?

    Yea i did
    Just informing others of it :)
    Andrew, Oct 1, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    Andrew <> wrote:

    >Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In article <RSj%e.15361$>,
    >> Andrew <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
    >>>If you can read this, you do not have images enabled. Please enable
    >>>images in order to proceed.

    >> Didn't you do what it said?

    >Yea i did
    >Just informing others of it :)

    I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it wasn't
    necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google, but some
    other machine in your department/company.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Andrew <> wrote:
    >

    >>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>>Didn't you do what it said?

    >>Yea i did
    >>Just informing others of it :)

    > I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it wasn't
    > necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google, but some
    > other machine in your department/company.

    Heh, i actually presumed that if anyone went to the site they would get
    the same message :)

    a post with the link to the print.google.com did go out to a mailing
    list.. im guessing EVERYONE went there at the same time :)
    Andrew, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Andrew <> wrote:

    >>> Yea i did
    >>> Just informing others of it :)

    >> I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it
    >> wasn't necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google,
    >> but some other machine in your department/company.

    > Heh, i actually presumed that if anyone went to the site they would get
    > the same message :)
    >
    > a post with the link to the print.google.com did go out to a mailing
    > list.. im guessing EVERYONE went there at the same time :)

    a mailing list as in one inside company
    Andrew, Oct 1, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Andrew <> wrote:

    >Andrew wrote:
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> I'm assuming you're behind a NAT router of some sort. Perhaps it
    >>> wasn't necessarily your particular machine that was attacking Google,
    >>> but some other machine in your department/company.

    >> Heh, i actually presumed that if anyone went to the site they would get
    >> the same message :)
    >>
    >> a post with the link to the print.google.com did go out to a mailing
    >> list.. im guessing EVERYONE went there at the same time :)
    >>

    >a mailing list as in one inside company

    Ah, that might explain it. Instead of being "slashdotted", they were
    "weta'd". :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005