    Kindest regards
    Peter Sidwell
    , Aug 11, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Dear whoever,
    > I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
    > I tried to edit it.
    > I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
    > Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
    > and edit it in future?
    > Kindest regards
    > Peter Sidwell

    In IE, click on Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete.
    Follow your nose.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 11, 2007

  3. insomnia Guest

    On Aug 11, 4:54 pm, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Dear whoever,
    > > I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
    > > I tried to edit it.
    > > I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
    > > Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
    > > and edit it in future?
    > > Kindest regards
    > > Peter Sidwell

    > In IE, click on Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete.
    > Follow your nose.

    Dear Roger,
    Thank you for your very prompt response. However your instructions are
    for IE. I still have that. What I've lost is the Google Autofill
    Best regards
    Peter Sidwell
    insomnia, Aug 11, 2007
  4. Ozark Guest

    On Aug 11, 3:47 am, wrote:
    > Dear whoever,
    > I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
    > I tried to edit it.
    > I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
    > Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
    > and edit it in future?
    > Kindest regards
    > Peter Sidwell

    Try Settings, options, autofill on your Google bar.
    Ozark, Aug 11, 2007
  5. Vanguard Guest

    insomnia2008 wrote in message
    > I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.

    Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of the
    "Google Toolbar", though.

    > I tried to edit it.

    Edit WHAT?

    > I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.

    And "it" is WHAT?

    > Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
    > and edit it in future?

    There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
    disappeared? And edit WHAT?

    http://toolbar.google.com
    There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is what
    you meant to ask about.
    Vanguard, Aug 11, 2007
  6. -Lost Guest

    Vanguard's response:

    > insomnia2008 wrote in message
    >> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.

    > Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of

    the
    > "Google Toolbar", though.
    >
    >> I tried to edit it.

    > Edit WHAT?
    >
    >> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.

    > And "it" is WHAT?
    >
    >> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
    >> and edit it in future?

    > There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
    > disappeared? And edit WHAT?
    >
    > http://toolbar.google.com
    > There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is what
    > you meant to ask about.

    You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making shortcuts
    to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet Explorer, but I
    doubt the original poster is coming back.

    Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the utility.

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.
    -Lost, Aug 13, 2007
  7. -Lost wrote:
    > Vanguard's response:
    >
    >> insomnia2008 wrote in message
    >>> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.

    >> Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of

    > the
    >> "Google Toolbar", though.
    >>
    >>> I tried to edit it.

    >> Edit WHAT?
    >>
    >>> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.

    >> And "it" is WHAT?
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
    >>> and edit it in future?

    >> There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
    >> disappeared? And edit WHAT?
    >>
    >> http://toolbar.google.com
    >> There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is what
    >> you meant to ask about.

    > You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making shortcuts
    > to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet Explorer, but I
    > doubt the original poster is coming back.
    >
    > Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the utility.

    In what way does that have anything to do with anything? Not that I want
    the utility, I just can't see the logic in your post.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 13, 2007
  8. -Lost Guest

    Rôgêr's response:

    > -Lost wrote:
    >> Vanguard's response:
    >>
    >>> insomnia2008 wrote in message
    >>> Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of

    >> the
    >>> "Google Toolbar", though.

    >>> Edit WHAT?

    >>> And "it" is WHAT?

    >>> There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
    >>> disappeared? And edit WHAT?
    >>>
    >>> http://toolbar.google.com
    >>> There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is
    >>> what you meant to ask about.

    >> You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making
    >> shortcuts to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet
    >> Explorer, but I doubt the original poster is coming back.
    >>
    >> Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the
    >> utility.

    > In what way does that have anything to do with anything? Not that I
    > want the utility, I just can't see the logic in your post.

    It has to do with the fact that the Google toolbar is too much just for
    wanting the ability to search from your address bar for example.

    And I know of a marvelous little application that enables this type of
    behavior without overhead.

    And, most Google Groupers never return to their posts. This irritates me
    so I'm not going to bother providing information to someone who will most
    likely never see it.

    Of course if like someone who appreciates free help, they return, then
    I'll gladly give them the link to the utility.

    And for the record... I don't see the logic in your post. Not sure how
    that matters though? ;)

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.
    -Lost, Aug 14, 2007
  9. -Lost wrote:
    > Rôgêr's response:
    >
    >> -Lost wrote:
    >>> Vanguard's response:

    >>> the

    >>> You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making
    >>> shortcuts to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet
    >>> Explorer, but I doubt the original poster is coming back.
    >>>
    >>> Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the
    >>> utility.

    >> In what way does that have anything to do with anything? Not that I
    >> want the utility, I just can't see the logic in your post.

    > It has to do with the fact that the Google toolbar is too much just for
    > wanting the ability to search from your address bar for example.
    >
    > And I know of a marvelous little application that enables this type of
    > behavior without overhead.
    >
    > And, most Google Groupers never return to their posts. This irritates me
    > so I'm not going to bother providing information to someone who will most
    > likely never see it.
    >
    > Of course if like someone who appreciates free help, they return, then
    > I'll gladly give them the link to the utility.
    >
    > And for the record... I don't see the logic in your post. Not sure how
    > that matters though? ;)

    It doesn't matter. What I should have spelled out more clearly is that
    if you know of a good utility that others might like to use, why not
    just mention it or post a link? That one GG'er not finding his message
    again doesn't mean that other readers couldn't benefit.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 14, 2007