    analytics.com. I put the URL in my HOSTS file, but I still see "connecting
    to google-analytics.com" flash up for a split second while loading
    webpages. Is the HOSTS file blocking it or not?

    elaich, Nov 23, 2006

  2. elaich wrote:
    > OK, we know that Firefox is reporting user behavior to google-
    > analytics.com. I put the URL in my HOSTS file, but I still see "connecting
    > to google-analytics.com" flash up for a split second while loading
    > webpages. Is the HOSTS file blocking it or not?

    Stop bothering with the hosts file, just disable it in the UI:

    Tools>>Options>>Security

    You can disable it altogether, by unchecking the box for Tell me if the
    site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery.

    Or you can leave it checked and select the radio button for Check by
    using a downloaded list of suspected sites.

    That should stop the call to google-analytics.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 23, 2006

  3. elaich

    elaich Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > elaich wrote:
    >> OK, we know that Firefox is reporting user behavior to google-
    >> analytics.com. I put the URL in my HOSTS file, but I still see
    >> "connecting to google-analytics.com" flash up for a split second
    >> while loading webpages. Is the HOSTS file blocking it or not?

    > Stop bothering with the hosts file, just disable it in the UI:
    >
    > Tools>>Options>>Security
    >
    > You can disable it altogether, by unchecking the box for Tell me if
    > the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery.
    >
    > Or you can leave it checked and select the radio button for Check by
    > using a downloaded list of suspected sites.
    >
    > That should stop the call to google-analytics.

    Those options don't seem to exist in 1.5.0.8.

    elaich, Nov 23, 2006
  4. elaich wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote in
    >
    >> elaich wrote:
    >>> OK, we know that Firefox is reporting user behavior to google-
    >>> analytics.com. I put the URL in my HOSTS file, but I still see
    >>> "connecting to google-analytics.com" flash up for a split second
    >>> while loading webpages. Is the HOSTS file blocking it or not?

    >> Stop bothering with the hosts file, just disable it in the UI:
    >>
    >> Tools>>Options>>Security
    >>
    >> You can disable it altogether, by unchecking the box for Tell me if
    >> the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery.
    >>
    >> Or you can leave it checked and select the radio button for Check by
    >> using a downloaded list of suspected sites.
    >>
    >> That should stop the call to google-analytics.

    > Those options don't seem to exist in 1.5.0.8.

    You didn't say that.

    I don't know of any reason why FF 1.5 would be connecting with
    google-analytics. Sorry I can't help.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 23, 2006
  5. elaich

    SG Guest

    google-

    see

    second

    not?
    > >> Stop bothering with the hosts file, just disable it in the

    UI:

    > >> Tools>>Options>>Security
    > >>
    > >> You can disable it altogether, by unchecking the box for

    Tell me if
    > >> the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery.
    > >>
    > >> Or you can leave it checked and select the radio button for

    Check by
    > >> using a downloaded list of suspected sites.
    > >>
    > >> That should stop the call to google-analytics.

    > > Those options don't seem to exist in 1.5.0.8.
    > >

    > You didn't say that.
    >
    > I don't know of any reason why FF 1.5 would be connecting with
    > google-analytics. Sorry I can't help.
    >
    > Lee

    I have the NoScript extenstion and I've noticed A LOT of sites
    wanting to run a google-analytics script, I just never allow that
    one to run, don't know if that's all you need or not?!?!?

    SG, Nov 24, 2006