    Don McDonald Guest

    google can (now) do BMI body mass index.

    don.l

    Don McDonald, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Don McDonald wrote:
    > google can (now) do BMI body mass index.
    >
    > don.l

    are you sure?
    you've always been able to use it as a calculator and recently find
    definitions(with define: keyword)

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Don McDonald

    Anybody Guest

    In article <u4ZUb.36581$>, "Russell Smithies"
    <> wrote:

    > Don McDonald wrote:
    > > google can (now) do BMI body mass index.
    > >
    > > don.l

    > are you sure?
    > you've always been able to use it as a calculator and recently find
    > definitions(with define: keyword)
    >
    > Russell

    There's also a small pile of "experimental" Google functions at
    http://labs.google.com (including the ability to speak your search
    terms via a phone!?!).

    Plus there's a couple of other Google-based functions:

    Google Catalogues (http://catalogs.google.com)
    Search American mail order catalogues.

    Froogle (http://froogle.google.com)
    Compare prices at American webstores.

    :)

    Anybody, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Don McDonald

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Peter wrote:
    > Anybody wrote:
    >> Plus there's a couple of other Google-based functions:
    >>
    >> Google Catalogues (http://catalogs.google.com)
    >> Search American mail order catalogues.
    >>
    >> Froogle (http://froogle.google.com)
    >> Compare prices at American webstores.

    > and some spin offs like
    > www.googlism.com
    > www.booble.com
    >
    > For even more on search engines, read ...
    > http://searchlores.org/
    >

    > Peter

    Kinda odd that googilism doesn't know anything about Bill Gates but thinks
    "Dunedin is really not shiny enough for pink but we will show her our love"
    and "Auckland is not possible Tuesday"

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Feb 7, 2004
  6. Don McDonald

    Alan Chiew Guest

    Alan Chiew, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Russell Smithies, Feb 8, 2004
  8. Don McDonald

    Alan Chiew Guest

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:26:22 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
    <> wrote:

    >depends how you search.
    >searching for bill AND gates is different than searching for "bill gates"
    >http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism="bill gates"&type=1
    >
    >Russell

    I searched for bill gates without quotation marks. It looks like
    Googlism treats quotation marks differently to Google.

    Alan

    Alan Chiew, Feb 8, 2004
  9. In article <>, (Don McDonald) wrote:
    >google can (now) do BMI body mass index.

    Why ? It's mostly irrelevant.

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 9, 2004