Goofy Paradise email scam

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cima, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. Cima

    Cima Guest

    They always lose something in the translation, lol. Love the gmail reply to.

    From - Tue Jul 08 22:44:49 2008
    Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 07:25:14 -0300
    From: "PARADISE.NET.NZ SUPPORT TEAM" <>
    Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE PARADISE.NET.NZ SUPPORT TEAM

    08-07-2008

    Dear PARADISE.NET.NZ Email Account User,

    This message is from THE PARADISE.NET.NZ TEAM messaging center to all
    PARADISE.NET.NZ email account users.
    We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are
    deleting
    all dormant PARADISE.NET.NZ email account to create more space for new
    accounts.

    To prevent your account from being dormant,there is need for you to verify your
    details below so that we will know that it is in used.

    It is just routine, safe, secure and for everyone's security.

    Any inconvinience is highly regretted.

    FILL THE DETAILS BELOW OR ANYWHERE IN THE MAIL

    Email Login id :

    EMAIL Password :

    Address :

    Department :

    Attention!!! Account owner that does not update his or her account within a
    given
    period of time after receiving this Notification will lose his or her account
    permanently.It will show that the person is not using this services.

    Thank you for your help in maintaining a secure computing environment at
    PARADISE.NET.NZ!

    Notification Code:BC1G43TRJ

    Sandra Anderson
    ONLINE SERVICES
    Cima, Jul 8, 2008

  2. Cima

    EMB Guest

    Brian Mathews wrote:

    >> Written by someone who does not know that "database" is the correct form,
    >> rather than "data base", and that "accounts" is the plural of "account".
    >>
    >> So, that suggests that this email was not QA'd.
    >>
    >> Also, why is the reply-to header set to " "?
    >>
    >> Looks like a standard bit of phishing to me.

    > I have had a number of these but art not all the same, different reply address.

    I assume you replied to them all with your details.
    EMB, Jul 9, 2008

  3. In <> Cima wrote:
    > They always lose something in the translation, lol. Love the gmail
    > reply to.

    I received the following email yesterday. First lesson: if you're going
    phishing, change your email signature.

    Subject: Comfirm Your Orcon.net.nz Webmail Account
    Date: 11 July 2008 5:06:03 AM

    Dear Orcon.net.nz Subscriber,

    This message is from Orcon.net.nz messaging center to all Orcon.net.nz
    email account owners. On Thus, Jul 10th, 2008, from 12:00am until 12:00
    PM, all Mailhub systems will undergo regularly scheduled maintenance.
    Access to your e-mail via the mail client will be unavailable for some
    time during this maintenance window. We are currently upgrading our data
    base and e-mail account center see homepage. We are deleting all Orcon.
    net.nz email account to create more space
    for new accounts.

    To complete your Orcon.net.nz Webmail account, you must reply to this
    email immediately and enter your password here (********) Failure to do
    this will immediately render your email address here(**********)
    deactivated from our database. You can also confirm your email address
    by logging into your Orcon.net.nz account at http://webmail.orcon.net.nz/
    portal/index.php

    Thank you for using THE Orcon.net.nz TEAM"

    PeoplePC Online
    A better way to Internet
    http://www.peoplepc.com

    --