    No plug-ins, no fiddling around with the settings. It just works.

    --

    -----

    Joe S., Jan 26, 2005

  2. On 1/26/2005 1:41 PM, Joe S. said:

    > Firefox will not allow me to do either, IE has not a problem. Back to IE.
    > No plug-ins, no fiddling around with the settings. It just works.

    Not exactly. The *sites* will not allow Firefox to work as it should.
    It's more indicative of your bank's and credit union's contempt or
    indifference to their customers than anything else. Their website
    authors are simply to lazy or blasé to bother writing code that meets
    simple standards. None of the above makes IE the better browser.

    Having said that, sorry to hear about your troubles.

    Before departing, could you name the bank and credit union, so that the
    Mozilla evangelism folk can point out the error of their ways?

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Salut à toi *Joe S.*, tu nous disais ce mercredi 26/01/2005 dans
    <news:> vers 14:41:10 ce qui suit :

    > It just works.

    ..... without any security !

    --
    L'erreur est de croire qu'on est seul devant ses problèmes !
    Utilisez le butineur, le lecteur de courrier et de nouvelles avec

    Michel Doucet, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Joe S.

    Vince Guest

    No problem here....try again

    Vince, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Joe S. wrote:
    > Tried to do two simple tasks today using Firefox:
    > 1. Order checks online from my bank
    > 2. Transfer funds from one account to another at my credit union.
    >
    > Firefox will not allow me to do either, IE has not a problem. Back to IE.
    > No plug-ins, no fiddling around with the settings. It just works.

    Depends on the bank and the coding of their website. I have no problem
    at all with my bank and either Mozilla or Firefox.

    Sometimes a simple UA spoof will get around these poorpy coded sites'
    browser sniffers, but since you've bailed so quickly, I won't go into
    how to do that.

    Many times, a simple letter to the web designer, explaining the problem
    gets quick action, but you probably won't want to be bothered with that
    either.

    As a last thought, I do have to wonder at the wisdom of trusting one's
    financial information with a browser so known for its security loopholes.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Joe S. wrote:
    > Tried to do two simple tasks today using Firefox:
    > 1. Order checks online from my bank
    > 2. Transfer funds from one account to another at my credit union.
    >
    > Firefox will not allow me to do either, IE has not a problem. Back to IE.
    > No plug-ins, no fiddling around with the settings. It just works.

    You've got to wonder about people who delight on coming here just to say
    "I've tried two sites, and Firefox didn't work, so I'm going back to IE".
    "I bought a new car, but because it didn't start first time, I'm
    taking it back and getting a push bike."

    If Firefox didn't work for my bank, I would think about changing my
    bank. It they need you to rely on IE, then they don't have a very good
    web designer. Bank sites are a security risk at the best of times, throw
    IE into the mix and you might as well flush your money down the toilet.

    --
    Bryan

    Reclaim Your Inbox!

    Bryan Harrison, Jan 27, 2005
  7. Joe S.

    Z Guest

    Joe S. wrote:
    > Tried to do two simple tasks today using Firefox:
    > 1. Order checks online from my bank
    > 2. Transfer funds from one account to another at my credit union.
    >
    > Firefox will not allow me to do either, IE has not a problem. Back to IE.
    > No plug-ins, no fiddling around with the settings. It just works.

    <waving buh-bye to the user jumping back into the IE boat with the
    gaping holes in the hull>

    See ya.

    ps: scan often and keep backups 'cause sooner or later, one of those
    huge IE holes is gonna sink ya.

    Z, Jan 27, 2005
  8. On 1/27/2005 9:36 AM, Bryan Harrison said:

    > <snip> you might as well flush your money down the toilet.

    I spent enough money on crap over Christmas, thanks all the same :)

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Jan 27, 2005
  9. Joe S.

    Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:11:33 +0000, David Harrison
    <> wrote:

    >On 1/26/2005 1:41 PM, Joe S. said:
    >
    >> Firefox will not allow me to do either, IE has not a problem. Back to IE.
    >> No plug-ins, no fiddling around with the settings. It just works.

    >Not exactly. The *sites* will not allow Firefox to work as it should.
    >It's more indicative of your bank's and credit union's contempt or
    >indifference to their customers than anything else. Their website
    >authors are simply to lazy or blasé to bother writing code that meets
    >simple standards. None of the above makes IE the better browser.
    >
    >Having said that, sorry to hear about your troubles.
    >
    >Before departing, could you name the bank and credit union, so that the
    >Mozilla evangelism folk can point out the error of their ways?
    >
    >cheers,
    >
    >David H

    Yeah, and dont forget to give us your account numbers and password to
    the account. I bet we can find a way to transfer all your funds for
    you. By the way, how much money is in the account? We need to know
    if its worth our trouble to do this for you. Also, if you have credit
    cards, be sure to post their numbers, expiration date, and exact
    spelling of your full name as listed on the cards. And one last
    thing, please post you social security number so we can declare this
    on our income taxes. I believe in doing everything legally.

    The HackMaster

    , Jan 27, 2005
  10. On 1/27/2005 8:29 PM, said:

    > Yeah, and dont forget to give us your account numbers and password to
    > the account. I bet we can find a way to transfer all your funds for
    > you. By the way, how much money is in the account? We need to know
    > if its worth our trouble to do this for you. Also, if you have credit
    > cards, be sure to post their numbers, expiration date, and exact
    > spelling of your full name as listed on the cards. And one last
    > thing, please post you social security number so we can declare this
    > on our income taxes. I believe in doing everything legally.

    Um? I *think* I asked a nearly anonymous user to give the evangelism
    team a hand, not to dump his account details onto usenet.

    However, if unleashing your comedic genius makes you happy, then I'm
    happy for you. There. We're all happy. Isn't that nice?

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Jan 28, 2005
  11. David Harrison wrote:
    > On 1/27/2005 8:29 PM, said:
    >
    >> Yeah, and dont forget to give us your account numbers and password to
    >> the account. I bet we can find a way to transfer all your funds for
    >> you. By the way, how much money is in the account? We need to know
    >> if its worth our trouble to do this for you. Also, if you have credit
    >> cards, be sure to post their numbers, expiration date, and exact
    >> spelling of your full name as listed on the cards. And one last
    >> thing, please post you social security number so we can declare this
    >> on our income taxes. I believe in doing everything legally.

    > Um? I *think* I asked a nearly anonymous user to give the evangelism
    > team a hand, not to dump his account details onto usenet.
    >
    > However, if unleashing your comedic genius makes you happy, then I'm
    > happy for you. There. We're all happy. Isn't that nice?
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    I suspect hackmaster actually intended his reply to the OP, though as he
    posted it, it seems to be to you.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  12. On 1/29/2005 1:25 AM, Leonidas Jones said:
    > I suspect hackmaster actually intended his reply to the OP, though as he
    > posted it, it seems to be to you.

    Right, fair enough. But I enjoyed having the grouch anyway :)

    cheers,

    David

    David Harrison, Jan 31, 2005