    Joe Guest

    Anyone know of a good usb adapter that supports 98SE?
    Thanks for any replies that answer the question, :)

    Joe, Mar 11, 2009

  2. "Joe" <> wrote in message news:Xns9BCBA2440F13434324327832qewgwk2@0.0.0.1...
    | Anyone know of a good usb adapter that supports 98SE?
    | Thanks for any replies that answer the question, :)

    All USB adapters require drivers (from the vendor) to work in Windows 98.
    I found that the drivers for Lexar Jump Drives install the easiest and fit on a floppy disk.
    Go to the adapter vendors web site and download the drivers for your model.

    Richard in AZ, Mar 12, 2009

  3. "Joe" <> wrote in message news:Xns9BCBA2440F13434324327832qewgwk2@0.0.0.1...
    | Anyone know of a good usb adapter that supports 98SE?
    | Thanks for any replies that answer the question, :)

    Sorry, I made a reply without double checking the group. I thought Joe was talking about USB flash
    drives.
    I have not found any USB wireless adapter that works well in a Windows 98 computer. Can't even get
    a PCMCI adapter to work in Windows 98 with the drivers from the vendor.

    Richard in AZ, Mar 12, 2009
  4. Joe

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Good USB adapter is kind of Oxymoron because Win98 do not work at USB2 level
    and thus restrict the adapter to lower performance.
    In any case this is a good adapter,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315075
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Mar 12, 2009
  5. Joe

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 11, 10:57 pm, Joe <> wrote:
    > Anyone know of a good usb adapter that supports 98SE?
    > Thanks for any replies that answer the question, :)

    Support for Windows 98SE has been discontinued for some time now so
    the drivers might not even exist anymore. Your only bet is to look
    for used 11a or 11b adapters

    smlunatick, Mar 12, 2009