  1. Dander

    Dander Guest

    Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

    Dander, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Dander

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Dander" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

    I'll sell you a complete set of the Time-Life photography book series for
    $25, and you pay the shipping. Great books. They were published around 1970,
    so they don't cover digital, obviously, but not much else has changed. Light
    is light, skin is skin, composition is composition.

    Doug Kanter, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Dander

    RSD99 Guest

    Several places:

    Canon Digital Learning Center
    http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/lessons_1-5.html
    http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/index.html

    Kodak also has a "Digital Learning Center" at
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dlc/index.jhtml

    Jewelry Photography, micro/macro photography - Ganoskin
    http://www.ganoksin.com/borisat/directory/library/subject/9

    Macro Photography
    http://www.photo.net/macro/primer

    Product Photography - O'Reilly
    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2004/09/01/product_sho
    ts.html

    Adorama has a series of tutorial articles,
    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy_articles

    Photoflex has several, but they're probably now at the Web Photo School
    site.

    Web Photo School has a whole series of very well done tutorials ...
    including several *free* ones
    http://www.webphotoschool.com/Lesson_Library/index.html
    http://www.webphotoschool.com/Lesson_Library/Free_Lessons/index.html
    Some of their tutorials can be obtained (from your local **pro** photo
    dealer) on a CD-ROM from Photoflex ... as most of them use the Photoflex
    lighting equipment and Olympic cameras.

    Several useful articles can be found at
    http://azuswebworks.com/photography/index.html

    Dan Heller has a few tutorials at
    http://www.danheller.com/techfaq.html

    Norman Koran has some excellent tutorials at
    http://normankoren.com/
    Even though these are often based on image editing with Picture Window Pro,
    they might be useful to you.

    A user of The GIMP has put together a page of tips for photographers
    http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/

    That should be a good start ... you can also use Google to find more.

    RSD99, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Dander

    Tony Guest

    The best source is still books as on line you will find a lot - and much of
    it will be horse-hockey.
    My site has a few tutorials but all I've bothered with are those subjects
    usually ignored in books.
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    The Improved Links Pages are at

    Tony, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Dander

    Tetractys Guest

    Tetractys, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Dander

    Chris D Guest

    On 18 Oct 2004 14:26:29 -0700
    (Dander) wrote:

    > Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials
    > online?

    Can't answer your question, but thanks for posting this, as I've
    been meaning to, and never got around to it :)

    I work as a sysadmin for a newspaper, I asked our photographer
    for recommendations and his answer was "Library", much like one
    other poster has recommended :) I plan on checking that out
    too.

    -Chris D

    Chris D, Oct 19, 2004
  7. Dander