    Of course, I don't have my receipt now, so I'll end
    up keeping the disk. Thanks and the player is a new
    Pioneer Elite DV45-A.
    Bob Bohling, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Bob Bohling

    discogail Guest

    "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@{NOSPAMALLOWED}comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    Has this been a problem for others?

    Nope...........plays fine for me. That's too bad.
    discogail, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Bob Bohling

    Tarkus Guest

    On 8/17/2004 1:44:31 PM, discogail wrote:

    > "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@{NOSPAMALLOWED}comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Has this been a problem for others?
    >
    > Nope...........plays fine for me. That's too bad.

    ...good and ugly.
    --
    "Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies
    Farewell and adieu you ladies of Spain.

    Now playing: "Pat Benatar - If You Think You Know How To L"
    Tarkus, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Bob Bohling

    Nonymous Guest

    > Hello and sorry if this has been asked in the past.
    > I bought Good, Bad and the Ugly, 2 disk special
    > edition (MGM) when it first came out. I just
    > sat down and watched it yesterday and in
    > chapter 30, when Clint tosses the shovel to Eli
    > Wallach and tells him it is easier to dig with the
    > shovel, the movie stopped. I had to re-start it
    > and go back to the chapter and the same thing
    > happened. If I fast forwarded at that point, all
    > was ok and I watched the rest of the movie with
    > no problem. Has this been a problem for others?
    > Of course, I don't have my receipt now, so I'll end
    > up keeping the disk. Thanks and the player is a new
    > Pioneer Elite DV45-A.

    Plays fine for me. Did you check to make sure a spec of dust wasn't on the
    playing surface? There's a tendency for that to happen to disks that are in
    cardboard-based cases.
    Nonymous, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Bob Bohling

    FMercury39 Guest

    I have the same player and that hasn't happened to me with GB&U. Could be dust
    or a bad disc.
    FMercury39, Aug 18, 2004
  6. Best layer change of dvd?

    "FMercury39" <> wrote in message
    > I have the same player and that hasn't happened to me with GB&U. Could be

    dust
    > or a bad disc.

    Is this the point in the film where the layers change? The laser optic lenth
    increases so as to penetrate the first layer and read the second. The last
    so many seconds of the final moments of digital data on layer 1 are cached
    in the machines ram so that the laser can move on to layer 2 without
    interuption. Well, there is sometimes a slight pause between layer changes,
    this could be what you saw only your machine couldn't handle the change.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Aug 21, 2004