    advice? Go with MS-PRESS? Sybex?

    Thanks very much

    -- Jason Meltz
    Jason Meltz, Aug 1, 2007

  2. Congrats on the 291 pass. I just passed mine today as well.

    What I've found to be really helpful is to load up the demo versions of the
    software that's provided in the Training Kits, do the exercises until you
    understand why you are doing the tasks and not just playing a little game I
    like to call "Plug and Chug". Then after you have a feel for what you're
    doing, stand up another machine and set it up all on your own. Not only does
    this help you learn the planning and implementing piece, it also helps you
    troubleshoot why things just don't work.

    As for planning for the exam, study the material presented so you know the
    concepts and principles, but seeing it instead of just studying helps loads!

    If you want to get an idea of what to expect on the exam, purchase a
    practice exam from a reputable provider such as MeasureUp or Self Test
    Software. It's not dead on (nor should it be!), but it's as true to life as
    you can get without having to pay for every failing score.
    --
    Chance Webster
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP , MCSA

    Chance Webster, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Im sorry to report that the MS Press books for Exchange 2003 are uh.... not
    very good at engaging the reader....

    [Read: "If you try to use these to study, you will spend more time sleeping
    and less time studying."]

    I will be posting a blog on the subject soon but you will want to look at
    msexchange.org which has a lot of tutorials and resources. TechNet has some
    great examinations of routing and connectors which are key topics, as well as
    examining some of the administration methods.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, Aug 9, 2007