good Study Guide for exam

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Jack Tucker, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. Jack Tucker

    Jack Tucker Guest

    Jack Tucker, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Jack Tucker

    Ronathospice Guest

    Trolling A$S$S$F$U$C$K$E$R!!!!!

    "Jack Tucker" wrote:

    > visit www.hotcert.biz

    Ronathospice, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Jack Tucker

    T-Bone Guest

    "Ronathospice" <> wrote
    > Trolling A$S$S$F$U$C$K$E$R!!!!!

    I was wondering when someone was going to get around to that.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Jack Tucker

    Jason Guest

    *sigh*

    People, people....when these trolls run around and post their wares, if
    noone responds...then MS can remove from the newsgroup, but responding
    forces them to leave the message up because there is now an opinion attached
    to it...stop responding to them and they will eventually go away...

    Jason, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Jack Tucker

    T-Bone Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote
    > People, people....when these trolls run around and post their wares,

    Trolls and spammers are two different things.

    > if noone responds...then MS can remove from the newsgroup

    If MS can remove a single message, why can't they remove the whole thread?
    Anyway, not all news server support cancels, so the entire thread can never
    be totally eradicated.

    > stop responding to them and they will eventually go away...

    They will not go away if people visit their sites. Warning others that this
    sites promotes cheating will hopefully deter some people from going there
    thinking this is a legitimate site.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, May 12, 2005
  6. Jack Tucker

    Jason Guest

    > "Jason" <> wrote
    >> People, people....when these trolls run around and post their wares,

    > Trolls and spammers are two different things.

    Fair point...but I was using "troll" as a negative term for the mentality of
    the spammers. While the two entities are indeed different (I think spammers
    have fewer HP in AD&D),

    >> if noone responds...then MS can remove from the newsgroup

    > If MS can remove a single message, why can't they remove the whole thread?
    > Anyway, not all news server support cancels, so the entire thread can
    > never
    > be totally eradicated.

    From what I understand, MS has a policy whereby advertisementss or blatent
    attempts at advertisements are deleted from newsgroups. If, however,
    someone expresses an opinion as to the ad placement, then it is now not just
    an ad, but a thread dedicated to the usefulness of the advertisement, so it
    is then not removed. Perhaps my understanding is wrong...does anyone know
    of any other formal policy that contradicts or confirms this in print
    anywhere? (I forget where I read that little tidbet.)

    >> stop responding to them and they will eventually go away...

    > They will not go away if people visit their sites. Warning others that
    > this
    > sites promotes cheating will hopefully deter some people from going there
    > thinking this is a legitimate site.

    Another fair point, but why don't we start a new thread if we want to warn
    others. Perhaps a subject line of (Warning: previous thread can cause loss
    of certs from Microsoft!)

    Jason, May 13, 2005
  7. Jack Tucker

    T-Bone Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote
    > From what I understand, MS has a policy whereby advertisementss or blatent
    > attempts at advertisements are deleted from newsgroups.

    True enough. Case and point the spam posting entitled "link" appears to have
    been removed from all the groups.

    > If, however,
    > someone expresses an opinion as to the ad placement, then it is now not

    just
    > an ad, but a thread dedicated to the usefulness of the advertisement, so

    it
    > is then not removed.

    MS can do whatever they want with their servers. As practice (or at least
    when I remember) I try to remove any mention of the website or at least
    munge it beyond recognition.

    > Another fair point, but why don't we start a new thread if we want to warn
    > others. Perhaps a subject line of (Warning: previous thread can cause

    loss
    > of certs from Microsoft!)

    That could work, however these groups are proof that people don't read
    enough of the previous postings. There is also no guarantee the post will
    show up where you intend.

    Sufficed to say I think we are on the same side here in the battle against
    spam in the nwsgroup.

    Cheers,
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, May 13, 2005
  8. Jack Tucker

    Jason Guest

    Absolutely...

    Just surprised my hit point comment about trolls versus spammers in D&D
    didn't garner a comment! *grin*

    Jason, May 14, 2005