    So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so long
    I've lost track.

    TYVMIA,
    ~misfit~, Oct 2, 2011

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    > Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it seems
    > that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer rely on it.

    [snip]

    > So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so
    > long I've lost track.
    >
    > TYVMIA,

    Gods! I just tried 'Bing' and got the same result. Trying to find a review
    of the Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler. All I get is shops selling it, in NZ
    mainly too. Are all search engines nothing more than virtual malls now? :(

    (I need a cooler that will cool my QX9650 [tray, not retail packaged hence
    no Intel cooler] *and* the motherboard components. Current cooler is
    'front-to-back' and very efficient at cooling the CPU but the mobo runs too
    hot. I need an affordable 'top-down' cooler and, on paper the Tiger Shark
    fits the bill.
    http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=394180 It'd be
    nice to find a comprehensive review of it before parting with the
    hard-to-come-by money though.)

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    ~misfit~, Oct 2, 2011

  3. ~misfit~

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:53:55 +1300
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it
    > > seems that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer
    > > rely on it.
    > >

    > [snip]
    > >
    > > So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so
    > > long I've lost track.
    > >
    > > TYVMIA,

    > Gods! I just tried 'Bing' and got the same result. Trying to find a
    > review of the Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler. All I get is shops selling
    > it, in NZ mainly too. Are all search engines nothing more than
    > virtual malls now? :(
    >
    > (I need a cooler that will cool my QX9650 [tray, not retail packaged
    > hence no Intel cooler] *and* the motherboard components. Current
    > cooler is 'front-to-back' and very efficient at cooling the CPU but
    > the mobo runs too hot. I need an affordable 'top-down' cooler and, on
    > paper the Tiger Shark fits the bill.
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=394180 It'd
    > be nice to find a comprehensive review of it before parting with the
    > hard-to-come-by money though.)
    >
    > Cheers,

    http://hardwarebistro.com/?option=c...175-Deepcool-Ice-Matrix-600-CPU-Cooler-Review
    http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/deepcool_ice_matrix_600/
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/deepcool_icematrix_600/

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines

    What about if you use google.com.au?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop
    Malcolm, Oct 2, 2011
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:53:55 +1300
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it
    >>> seems that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer
    >>> rely on it.
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so
    >>> long I've lost track.
    >>>
    >>> TYVMIA,

    >> Gods! I just tried 'Bing' and got the same result. Trying to find a
    >> review of the Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler. All I get is shops selling
    >> it, in NZ mainly too. Are all search engines nothing more than
    >> virtual malls now? :(
    >>
    >> (I need a cooler that will cool my QX9650 [tray, not retail packaged
    >> hence no Intel cooler] *and* the motherboard components. Current
    >> cooler is 'front-to-back' and very efficient at cooling the CPU but
    >> the mobo runs too hot. I need an affordable 'top-down' cooler and, on
    >> paper the Tiger Shark fits the bill.
    >> http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=394180 It'd
    >> be nice to find a comprehensive review of it before parting with the
    >> hard-to-come-by money though.)
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > http://hardwarebistro.com/?option=c...175-Deepcool-Ice-Matrix-600-CPU-Cooler-Review
    > http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/deepcool_ice_matrix_600/
    > http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/deepcool_icematrix_600/

    The "Ice Matrix" is similar to what I already have (a Cooler Master 212
    Hyper). They don't blow any air onto the mobo so I'm stuck with multiple
    fans hot-glued along the front to cool the NB and VRMs etc. I need a
    top-down cooler, was going to get a Noctua NH-C14 as it gets great reviews
    but it's $200+.

    http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=396927

    The cheapest top-down cooler I can find that looks like it will do the job
    is the Tiger Shark. However I can't find a review on it. Apparently it came
    out in April so that should be enough time to review it?

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines
    >
    > What about if you use google.com.au?

    I'll check in a while, gotta go (food) shopping. Hopefully it's not too
    busy. ;-)

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Oct 2, 2011
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:53:55 +1300
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it
    >>> seems that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer
    >>> rely on it.
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so
    >>> long I've lost track.
    >>>
    >>> TYVMIA,

    >> Gods! I just tried 'Bing' and got the same result. Trying to find a
    >> review of the Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler. All I get is shops selling
    >> it, in NZ mainly too. Are all search engines nothing more than
    >> virtual malls now? :(
    >>
    >> (I need a cooler that will cool my QX9650 [tray, not retail packaged
    >> hence no Intel cooler] *and* the motherboard components. Current
    >> cooler is 'front-to-back' and very efficient at cooling the CPU but
    >> the mobo runs too hot. I need an affordable 'top-down' cooler and, on
    >> paper the Tiger Shark fits the bill.
    >> http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=394180 It'd
    >> be nice to find a comprehensive review of it before parting with the
    >> hard-to-come-by money though.)
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > http://hardwarebistro.com/?option=c...175-Deepcool-Ice-Matrix-600-CPU-Cooler-Review
    > http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/deepcool_ice_matrix_600/
    > http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/deepcool_icematrix_600/
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines
    >
    > What about if you use google.com.au?

    Ok, tried Google.com.au and got Aussie shops instead of NZ ones.
    <shrug/wince> I find it odd that I got NZ ones in the first place though as
    I have made it a deliberate policy to use google.com, *not* google.co.nz.
    (There's a hyperlink at the bottom of my Google start page that says "Go to
    Google New Zealand" that I use for local searches.) I guess they use IP to
    give local results.

    Anyway, seems that I can't find a review of this thing anywhere. I even
    resorted to youtube and just got the DeepCool presentation / Tiger Shark
    release at a conference, in Chinese with English subtitles. :( It looks not
    bad.... I guess I could just go by that?

    Bugger! If money wasn't so tight I'd just go for the Noctua NH-C14 as it
    gets great reviews but $213? There's no way I can divert that amount of
    money from compulsory costs on an invalid's benefit. Maybe I can squeeze $10
    a week for discretionary spending and, from time-to-time family throw me a
    bone but not a $200 bone.

    My back's got to the stage where it's not trivial 'work' for me to pull the
    mobo and swap coolers. That adds a lot to the hesitation about buying a
    cooler that's a virtual unknown.

    ~misfit~, Oct 2, 2011
  6. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-10-01, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it seems that
    > Google's business model is showing so I can no longer rely on it.
    >
    > For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler. When I
    > put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review" half of the
    > first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler. It seems Google
    > ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into a feeder for Google's
    > search engine. :( The one thing that they were great at is compromised.

    This has been the case, or getting that way for sometime now. Nothing wrong
    with this as people could be interested in shops that sell it. However it
    would be nice to find a review first.

    "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + reviews , has Google spitting out very
    little.

    "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + review throws up some more.

    http://boardreader.com/thread/CPU_Fan_Error_HELP_ar86iX75by.html is a slight
    help. Not a review but a thread about someones experience.

    I think it is fair to say that a) as everyone relies on Google, b) one has
    to get more advanced in ones searches and c) maybe no one has reviewed the
    cooler. It is possible.

    Gordon, Oct 2, 2011
  7. ~misfit~

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:37:32 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it seems that
    >Google's business model is showing so I can no longer rely on it.
    >
    >For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler. When I
    >put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review" half of the
    >first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler. It seems Google
    >ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into a feeder for Google's
    >search engine. :( The one thing that they were great at is compromised.
    >
    >So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so long
    >I've lost track.
    >
    >TYVMIA,

    Have you tried putting the name of the product in quotes folllowed by
    a space followed by a + sign followed by review? Or reviews?

    Like this:

    Donchano, Oct 2, 2011
  8. ~misfit~

    Ted Guest

    Try http://www.ixquick.com/

    The first result I got was

    http://hardwarebistro.com/?option=c...175-Deepcool-Ice-Matrix-600-CPU-Cooler-Review
    Ted, Oct 2, 2011
  9. On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:37:32 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it seems that
    >Google's business model is showing so I can no longer rely on it.
    >
    >For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler. When I
    >put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review" half of the
    >first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler. It seems Google
    >ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into a feeder for Google's
    >search engine. :( The one thing that they were great at is compromised.
    >
    >So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so long
    >I've lost track.
    >
    >TYVMIA,

    Googled JBHiFi this morning. First answer was Dick Smith! Now trying
    Yandex as Firefox default search engine.
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Oct 2, 2011
  10. ~misfit~

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Googled JBHiFi this morning. First answer was Dick Smith! Now trying
    > Yandex as Firefox default search engine.

    I just put "JBHIFI" (without quotes) into Google and got a page full of JB
    Hi-Fi results.

    Using Google.co.nz did give a Dick Smith result in the advertising list on
    the right-hand side.

    Using Google.com did give a Dick Smith as an advertising result at the top
    of the results page, but it's highlighted in yellow and say "Ad" on it, so
    it's eaily ignored. All the rest of the page was JB Hi-Fi results.
    Your Name, Oct 2, 2011
  11. ~misfit~

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Gordon <>
    wrote:

    > On 2011-10-01, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > > Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it seems that
    > > Google's business model is showing so I can no longer rely on it.
    > >
    > > For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler. When I
    > > put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review" half of the
    > > first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler. It seems Google
    > > ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into a feeder for Google's
    > > search engine. :( The one thing that they were great at is compromised.

    > This has been the case, or getting that way for sometime now. Nothing wrong
    > with this as people could be interested in shops that sell it. However it
    > would be nice to find a review first.
    >
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + reviews , has Google spitting out very
    > little.
    >
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + review throws up some more.
    >
    > http://boardreader.com/thread/CPU_Fan_Error_HELP_ar86iX75by.html is a slight
    > help. Not a review but a thread about someones experience.
    >
    > I think it is fair to say that a) as everyone relies on Google, b) one has
    > to get more advanced in ones searches and c) maybe no one has reviewed the
    > cooler. It is possible.

    Using "Deepcool Tiger Shark CPU" (instead of "cooler") might be better,
    but I still didn't see any reviews.

    Of course, many webstores (and price comparison websites) do have a User
    Reviews section on the item's page, so that's why they come up even with
    "review" in the serch terms.

    I use
    "Deepcool Tiger Shark CPU" review -cart -basket
    to try and weed out the shopping sites, but didn't get anything useful
    that way either.
    Your Name, Oct 2, 2011
  12. In article <j68gjt$ojc$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >Ok, tried Google.com.au and got Aussie shops instead of NZ ones.
    ><shrug/wince> I find it odd that I got NZ ones in the first place though as
    >I have made it a deliberate policy to use google.com, *not* google.co.nz.
    >(There's a hyperlink at the bottom of my Google start page that says "Go to
    >Google New Zealand" that I use for local searches.) I guess they use IP to
    >give local results.

    For me, typing www.google.co goes to www.google.co.nz. Is yours doing that
    too without you noticing ? :)
    Personally, I use the advanced search by default
    (http://www.google.co.nz/advanced_search?hl=en) ... I miss the ability to
    select nz if I wanted. Used to be an option under the search bar, and now
    isn't.
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 3, 2011
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ted wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:00:25 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:

    >>> http://hardwarebistro.com/?option=c...175-Deepcool-Ice-Matrix-600-CPU-Cooler-Review
    >>> http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/deepcool_ice_matrix_600/
    >>> http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/deepcool_icematrix_600/
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines
    >>>
    >>> What about if you use google.com.au?

    >> Ok, tried Google.com.au and got Aussie shops instead of NZ ones.
    >> <shrug/wince> I find it odd that I got NZ ones in the first place
    >> though as I have made it a deliberate policy to use google.com,
    >> *not* google.co.nz. (There's a hyperlink at the bottom of my Google
    >> start page that says "Go to Google New Zealand" that I use for local
    >> searches.) I guess they use IP to give local results.
    >>
    >> Anyway, seems that I can't find a review of this thing anywhere. I
    >> even resorted to youtube and just got the DeepCool presentation /
    >> Tiger Shark release at a conference, in Chinese with English
    >> subtitles. :( It looks not bad.... I guess I could just go by that?
    >>
    >> Bugger! If money wasn't so tight I'd just go for the Noctua NH-C14
    >> as it gets great reviews but $213? There's no way I can divert that
    >> amount of money from compulsory costs on an invalid's benefit. Maybe
    >> I can squeeze $10 a week for discretionary spending and, from
    >> time-to-time family throw me a bone but not a $200 bone.
    >>
    >> My back's got to the stage where it's not trivial 'work' for me to
    >> pull the mobo and swap coolers. That adds a lot to the hesitation
    >> about buying a cooler that's a virtual unknown.

    > Try http://www.ixquick.com/
    >
    > The first result I got was
    >
    > http://hardwarebistro.com/?option=c...175-Deepcool-Ice-Matrix-600-CPU-Cooler-Review

    Thanks. The result you gave there is for a different DeepCool CPU cooler
    that is front-to-back, similar to the one I have that I'm trying to replace.
    When I searched my first-try 'Review "DeepCool Tiger Shark"' I got no hits
    that were actually reviews and, starting with the second hit, a lot of them
    were NZ stores. :(

    ~misfit~, Oct 3, 2011
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <j68gjt$ojc$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote: (snip)
    >
    >> Ok, tried Google.com.au and got Aussie shops instead of NZ ones.
    >> <shrug/wince> I find it odd that I got NZ ones in the first place
    >> though as I have made it a deliberate policy to use google.com,
    >> *not* google.co.nz. (There's a hyperlink at the bottom of my Google
    >> start page that says "Go to Google New Zealand" that I use for local
    >> searches.) I guess they use IP to give local results.

    > For me, typing www.google.co goes to www.google.co.nz. Is yours doing
    > that
    > too without you noticing ? :)

    No. I have .com bookmarked. If I type it into the URL area it goes instead
    to .co.nz. Annoying to say the least.

    > Personally, I use the advanced search by default
    > (http://www.google.co.nz/advanced_search?hl=en) ... I miss the
    > ability to
    > select nz if I wanted. Used to be an option under the search bar, and
    > now
    > isn't.

    It's there in a hyperlink at the bottom of the page for me. However there's
    also a hyperlink to my gmail account at top right so I dare say it's using
    cookies on my machine?

    ~misfit~, Oct 3, 2011
  15. ~misfit~

    Your Name Guest

    In article <j6aqnk$hjo$>,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <j68gjt$ojc$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    > (snip)
    >
    > >Ok, tried Google.com.au and got Aussie shops instead of NZ ones.
    > ><shrug/wince> I find it odd that I got NZ ones in the first place though as
    > >I have made it a deliberate policy to use google.com, *not* google.co.nz.
    > >(There's a hyperlink at the bottom of my Google start page that says "Go to
    > >Google New Zealand" that I use for local searches.) I guess they use IP to
    > >give local results.

    > For me, typing www.google.co goes to www.google.co.nz. Is yours doing that
    > too without you noticing ? :)
    > Personally, I use the advanced search by default
    > (http://www.google.co.nz/advanced_search?hl=en) ... I miss the ability to
    > select nz if I wanted. Used to be an option under the search bar, and now
    > isn't.

    I'm using Firefox and if I type "google.com" into the address bar I get
    whichever version I last used - either .com or .co.nz

    There is a "Go To Google.com" / "Go To Google New Zealand" link underneath
    the search field (on the end of the line above the copyright date) that
    allows you to swap between them.
    Your Name, Oct 3, 2011
  16. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Gordon wrote:
    > On 2011-10-01, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >> Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it
    >> seems that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer
    >> rely on it.
    >>
    >> For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler.
    >> When I put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review"
    >> half of the first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler. It
    >> seems Google ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into a
    >> feeder for Google's search engine. :( The one thing that they were
    >> great at is compromised.

    > This has been the case, or getting that way for sometime now. Nothing
    > wrong with this as people could be interested in shops that sell it.
    > However it would be nice to find a review first.
    >
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + reviews , has Google spitting out very
    > little.
    >
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + review throws up some more.
    >
    > http://boardreader.com/thread/CPU_Fan_Error_HELP_ar86iX75by.html is a
    > slight help. Not a review but a thread about someones experience.
    >
    > I think it is fair to say that a) as everyone relies on Google, b)
    > one has to get more advanced in ones searches and c) maybe no one has
    > reviewed the cooler. It is possible.

    I agree. However I find it very odd to say the least. TTBOMK the cooler was
    released in early April, six months ago.

    I usually go to frostytech http://www.frostytech.com/ for all of my cooler
    review needs. However they've not reviewed the Tiger Shark, at least not
    that I can find. Also, recently I've seen reviews at sites that I'm inclined
    to trust, like xbitlabs (crazy-but-honest-seeming Russians testing things to
    destruction at times), and often their results differ significantly from
    Frostytech's so it makes me wonder if there's sneaky sponsership deals going
    on....

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Oct 3, 2011
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Your Name wrote:
    > In article <>, Gordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2011-10-01, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >>> Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it
    >>> seems that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer
    >>> rely on it.
    >>>
    >>> For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler.
    >>> When I put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review"
    >>> half of the first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler.
    >>> It seems Google ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into
    >>> a feeder for Google's search engine. :( The one thing that they
    >>> were great at is compromised.

    >> This has been the case, or getting that way for sometime now.
    >> Nothing wrong with this as people could be interested in shops that
    >> sell it. However it would be nice to find a review first.
    >>
    >> "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + reviews , has Google spitting out
    >> very little.
    >>
    >> "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + review throws up some more.
    >>
    >> http://boardreader.com/thread/CPU_Fan_Error_HELP_ar86iX75by.html is
    >> a slight help. Not a review but a thread about someones experience.
    >>
    >> I think it is fair to say that a) as everyone relies on Google, b)
    >> one has to get more advanced in ones searches and c) maybe no one
    >> has reviewed the cooler. It is possible.

    > Using "Deepcool Tiger Shark CPU" (instead of "cooler") might be
    > better, but I still didn't see any reviews.
    >
    > Of course, many webstores (and price comparison websites) do have a
    > User Reviews section on the item's page, so that's why they come up
    > even with "review" in the serch terms.
    >
    > I use
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark CPU" review -cart -basket
    > to try and weed out the shopping sites, but didn't get anything useful
    > that way either.

    Yup, I've tried a few options like that as well. I get annoyed that all of
    the shopping sites that allow buyers to review purchases come up in the
    hits, even when there are no submitted reviews of the item in question. Très
    annoying.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Oct 3, 2011
  18. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:37:32 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Can anyone please recommend a good search engine? I'm afraid it
    >> seems that Google's business model is showing so I can no longer
    >> rely on it.
    >>
    >> For instance, I'm trying to find a review of a certain CPU cooler.
    >> When I put the name of the cooler into Google followed by "review"
    >> half of the first 30 results are NZ companies selling the cooler. It
    >> seems Google ad-sense (or whatever it is) has transitioned into a
    >> feeder for Google's search engine. :( The one thing that they were
    >> great at is compromised.
    >>
    >> So.... Any good alternatives out there? I've relied on Google for so
    >> long I've lost track.
    >>
    >> TYVMIA,

    > Have you tried putting the name of the product in quotes folllowed by
    > a space followed by a + sign followed by review? Or reviews?
    >
    > Like this:
    >
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + review
    >
    > "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + reviews

    Thanks. Yeah, I've tried lots of things. The most promising results are
    gained when "Review" is first on the line but still no banana. :(

    ~misfit~, Oct 3, 2011
  19. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Robert Cooze wrote:
    > On 03/10/11 13:17, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Your Name wrote:

    > 8><
    >

    >> Yup, I've tried a few options like that as well. I get annoyed that
    >> all of the shopping sites that allow buyers to review purchases come
    >> up in the hits, even when there are no submitted reviews of the item
    >> in question. Très annoying.

    > Know what you mean or the customer reviews, are so bad like a fan club
    > for the item in question.
    >
    > What used to take a short time, now takes much more time.

    Yup. That's why I was trying to get input on options. Teh intarwebs isn't so
    'user-friendly' these days. Not even so 'geek-friendly'! I wish I knew how
    to use, say Google, to find a review and *not* get sites selling the damn
    thing. :-/

    I think I'm going to have to buy a DeepCool Tiger Shark blind. I can't fork
    out >$200 for the Noctua top-down cooler and Zalman's recent efforts all
    seem to be all targeted at the low-noise crowd rather than the low-temp lot.
    Thermaltake's 'Big Typhoon' stuff is no longer competitive.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Oct 3, 2011
  20. ~misfit~

    Your Name Guest

    In article <j6auv2$ge2$>, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Your Name wrote:
    > > In article <>, Gordon
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> This has been the case, or getting that way for sometime now.
    > >> Nothing wrong with this as people could be interested in shops that
    > >> sell it. However it would be nice to find a review first.
    > >>
    > >> "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + reviews , has Google spitting out
    > >> very little.
    > >>
    > >> "Deepcool Tiger Shark Cooler" + review throws up some more.
    > >>
    > >> http://boardreader.com/thread/CPU_Fan_Error_HELP_ar86iX75by.html is
    > >> a slight help. Not a review but a thread about someones experience.
    > >>
    > >> I think it is fair to say that a) as everyone relies on Google, b)
    > >> one has to get more advanced in ones searches and c) maybe no one
    > >> has reviewed the cooler. It is possible.

    > > Using "Deepcool Tiger Shark CPU" (instead of "cooler") might be
    > > better, but I still didn't see any reviews.
    > >
    > > Of course, many webstores (and price comparison websites) do have a
    > > User Reviews section on the item's page, so that's why they come up
    > > even with "review" in the serch terms.
    > >
    > > I use
    > > "Deepcool Tiger Shark CPU" review -cart -basket
    > > to try and weed out the shopping sites, but didn't get anything useful
    > > that way either.

    > Yup, I've tried a few options like that as well. I get annoyed that all of
    > the shopping sites that allow buyers to review purchases come up in the
    > hits, even when there are no submitted reviews of the item in question. Très
    > annoying.

    Last time I looked Dick Smith was actually paying users for their reviews
    which means their website is even less likely to publish bad reviews
    (especially of Dick Smith branded products). X-(
    Your Name, Oct 3, 2011