    covers). This is more a "nice to have" feature but I'd be curious
    what's out there.

    Any recommendations appreciated... Thanks
    Mad Scientist Jr, Sep 7, 2008

  2. Mad Scientist Jr

    Pat Guest

    On Sep 7, 9:46 am, Mad Scientist Jr <>
    wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good scanner that handles legal documents, with
    > solid support under Windows XP.
    >
    > I would be using this to preserve old photos as well as paper
    > documents, so image quality is important.
    >
    > Also, if one exists and is somewhat affordable, I'd like something
    > that can handle larger sizes, 12" wide or more (ie for scanning LP
    > covers). This is more a "nice to have" feature but I'd be curious
    > what's out there.
    >
    > Any recommendations appreciated... Thanks

    Go to a photocopier sales company and ask them to track down a used
    photocopies that's in your price range. They just throw out most used
    ones but they generally have some mileage left on them.

    I just picked up a better-than-average one for a slightly higher price
    (I use it for work, too). It goes on the network and will scan right
    to your hard drive. It scans at 50 ppm. It'll handle up to 11x17.

    Scan quality is excellent.

    Mine is a Gestetner, which is a rebranded Ricoh or something.
    Pat, Sep 8, 2008