    Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again

    Lester "not happy" Bangs

    btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders
    Lester Bangs, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:36:51 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
    <> wrote:

    >After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
    >
    >They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so they
    >charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took they
    >credit)
    >
    >They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
    >
    >They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
    >
    >Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
    >
    >Lester "not happy" Bangs
    >
    >btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

    Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

    - NewcastleBoy
    NewcastleBoy, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Lester Bangs

    GDS Guest

    "NewcastleBoy" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:36:51 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
    >>
    >>They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so
    >>they
    >>charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took
    >>they
    >>credit)
    >>
    >>They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
    >>
    >>They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
    >>
    >>Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
    >>
    >>Lester "not happy" Bangs
    >>
    >>btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

    > Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

    Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
    sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just

    G.
    GDS, Dec 17, 2005
  4. "Lester Bangs" <> wrote in message
    > After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
    >
    > They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so
    > they charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they
    > took they credit)
    >
    > They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
    >
    > They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
    >
    > Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
    >
    > Lester "not happy" Bangs
    >
    > btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

    lol - dvdimport are 10 times worse than dvdsoon ever were at their lowest
    low.

    --
    Gareth.
    Goblins are real... your Grandpa Seth is telling you!
    the dog from that film you saw, Dec 17, 2005
  5. Lester Bangs

    maiet Guest

    > Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.
    >
    > - NewcastleBoy

    hey thanks for the tip dude, just signed up, great prices and shipping to
    australia is cheap! gold!
    maiet, Dec 17, 2005
  6. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:38:39 +1100, "maiet" <> wrote:

    >hey thanks for the tip dude, just signed up, great prices and shipping to
    >australia is cheap! gold!

    I am pleased that DVDPACIFIC can be of service to you...

    They have faithfully served me for over 2.5 years now.

    - NewcastleBoy
    NewcastleBoy, Dec 17, 2005
  7. Lester Bangs

    Lester Bangs Guest

    Hi Newcastle Boy..

    I dabbled a little with Pacific over the last few years and they are
    Excellent !

    DVDSoon were generally "slightly" cheaper (ever so), so I put up with the 10
    week deliveries and stock outs.

    Not anymore... DVDPacific must be rubbing their hands

    Foot note: I ordered Batman LE 2 Disk from DVDPacific, still not shipped (6
    weeks after release).
    I emailed Pacific and told me another print run was scheduled soon.... I
    could of got the R4 version for < $20 now

    Cheers Lester Bangs

    Lester Bangs, Dec 17, 2005
  8. On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:39:36 +1030, GDS wrote:

    [snip]

    > Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
    > sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just
    > disc 1 of said season? I need episode 11 ASAP :))

    It would only be the first 10 episodes that have already screened, the
    second 10 of the season screen early 2006.

    --
    You Can't Stop The Signal
    Ian Galbraith, Dec 17, 2005
  9. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    Hi Lester

    I have to admit on occasion sometimes a release at DVDPACIFIC can be
    delayed or a little late coming in if the product isn't already in
    stock. Had to wait a long while for "The Val Lewton Horror Collection"
    to arrive in - was about a month. Apparently, the set had a defect and
    they were waiting for more copies to arrive from the distributor.
    Unfortunately, my copy had defective packaging i.e it came without two
    films, so DVDPACIFIC had to sent me replacements after I sent back the
    the disc where there were two duplicates. Service wise I've found them
    excellent to deal with, with several emails answered within minutes.
    I'd rather deal with a company that has excellent customer service
    than very poor service and who do not respond to emails. Hopefully
    DVDPACIFIC respond to all emails they receive of a legitimate nature.

    Concerning your Batman DVD that is very unfortunate.. Sometimes
    pricing will be cheaper than disc here.. But, there will always be the
    situation where you're better waiting and getting the disc here if it
    has a cheaper price and similar extras, and you're aware of it in
    advance.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Dec 17, 2005
  10. Lester Bangs

    Luke Hooft Guest

    > Foot note: I ordered Batman LE 2 Disk from DVDPacific, still not shipped
    > (6 weeks after release).
    > I emailed Pacific and told me another print run was scheduled soon.... I
    > could of got the R4 version for < $20 now

    That's due to an issue with the disc itself, I think. AFAIK they stopped
    making the version with the mini comic in it and are now releasing a version
    with just the 2 discs (like ours). That may be the cause of your problem.

    DVDPacific... I've ordered so much stuff from them since I stopped using
    DVDSoon - over $1100 since August. It's so damn easy and addictive to buy
    from there - easier than popping into a B&M store.

    LH
    Luke Hooft, Dec 17, 2005
  11. Lester Bangs

    Rolo Tomassi Guest

    Lester Bangs wrote:
    > After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..

    > Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again

    Don't say you weren't warned..
    http://tinyurl.com/agkuh

    Rolo
    Rolo Tomassi, Dec 17, 2005
  12. Lester Bangs

    Justin Guest

    GDS wrote on [Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:39:36 +1030]:

    > "NewcastleBoy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:36:51 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
    >>>
    >>>They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so
    >>>they
    >>>charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took
    >>>they
    >>>credit)
    >>>
    >>>They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
    >>>
    >>>They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
    >>>
    >>>Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
    >>>
    >>>Lester "not happy" Bangs
    >>>
    >>>btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

    >> Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

    > Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
    > sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just

    Hello moron. Are you really that stupid? Do you honestly think they'd
    release the whole season of a show that popular before airing it on TV?
    Justin, Dec 17, 2005
  13. Lester Bangs

    Meng Guest

    NewcastleBoy wrote:

    > Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

    Weren't they the ones that had all the credit card security problems a
    while back?

    Did that all get sorted out?
    Meng, Dec 17, 2005
  14. Lester Bangs

    Goro Guest

    NewcastleBoy wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:38:39 +1100, "maiet" <> wrote:
    >

    > >hey thanks for the tip dude, just signed up, great prices and shipping to
    > >australia is cheap! gold!

    > I am pleased that DVDPACIFIC can be of service to you...
    >
    > They have faithfully served me for over 2.5 years now.
    >
    > - NewcastleBoy

    Yes, I have loved DVDPacific, HOWEVER, their one problem is their
    return policy sucks. I had a DVD come loose on its way to me. I
    opened it up and the disc was scratched to hell. It played some on my
    dvd player but then locked up. I asked to exchange it for a
    replacement disc. They told me to send it in, that they'd "test it on
    their DVD PLayers". Three weeks later, i emailed them to find out what
    happened. They said that it played ok on their players and that they
    would send the disc back to me. FSCK! If the price is comparable
    (including shipping) i go with amazon just b/c of the return policy.

    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 17, 2005
  15. Lester Bangs

    Goro Guest

    Meng wrote:
    > NewcastleBoy wrote:
    > >
    > > Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.
    > >

    > Weren't they the ones that had all the credit card security problems a
    > while back?
    >
    > Did that all get sorted out?

    Yes, they had their cc db hacked somehow. I don't know if they got it
    sorted out, but they sent an email out and i had a replacement CC sent
    to me...

    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 17, 2005
  16. Lester Bangs

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful GDS declared:
    > "NewcastleBoy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

    > Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
    > sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just
    > disc 1 of said season? I need episode 11 ASAP :))

    Just be aware that they charge shipping per disc -- a six DVD TV box
    set will cost something like $6.50 for standard shipping. For really
    big box sets like the Alien Quadrilogy or The Prisoner Megaset, the
    S&H cost can negate the low price.

    On the other hand, if you preorder something more than a few weeks
    in advance, you'll usually get it a few days to a week before the
    release date.

    Personally, I compare prices between Amazon, Deep Discount DVD, DVD
    Empire, and DVD Pacific.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Admiral: Avast and belay, Batman. Your tone sounds rather grim. We
    Sean O'Hara, Dec 17, 2005
  17. Lester Bangs

    GDS Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > GDS wrote on [Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:39:36 +1030]:
    >>
    >> "NewcastleBoy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

    >> Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
    >> sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just
    >> disc 1 of said season? I need episode 11 ASAP :))

    > Hello moron. Are you really that stupid? Do you honestly think they'd
    > release the whole season of a show that popular before airing it on TV?

    Yes.
    Welcome to the world of region coding...
    Pfft, school holidays have started I see.

    G.
    GDS, Dec 17, 2005
  18. Lester Bangs

    Lordy.UK Guest

    > > Hello moron. Are you really that stupid? Do you honestly think
    > > they'd release the whole season of a show that popular before
    > > airing it on TV?

    > Yes.

    Then he's right, you are a moron :) j/k

    > Welcome to the world of region coding...

    Region coding is irrelevant - it's not been on TV in it's entirety in
    *any* region yet.

    They make money out of selling it to the TV companies, then they make
    money out of selling it on DVD. The TV company is not going to pay top
    dollar for something that is already out to buy in the shops, it's not
    in their interests...

    You may also wish to note that the DVD is only a three disc edition and
    the synopsis includes the following;

    "The BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 2.0 DVD includes bonus
    features such as a sneak preview of all new episodes that
    air this January".

    Pretty conclusive that this edition is /not/ the full season.

    HTH

    --
    Lordy.UK
    Lordy.UK, Dec 18, 2005
  19. Lester Bangs

    Rusty Gunn Guest

    I Agree

    I had a faulty DVD and they asked that it be returned and now I find out
    that they will not replace it. After spending about $500 with them and
    being treated likt this they can go rot.

    --
    Regards

    Rustry Gunn

    (please remove your jacket when replying)

    Rusty Gunn, Dec 18, 2005
  20. On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:35:28 +1100, Ian Galbraith <>
    Gave us:

    >On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:39:36 +1030, GDS wrote:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
    >> sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just
    >> disc 1 of said season? I need episode 11 ASAP :))

    >It would only be the first 10 episodes that have already screened, the
    >second 10 of the season screen early 2006.

    Yeah... kinda hard to put something in the package that hasn't even
    been made yet.
    NunYa Bidness, Dec 18, 2005