    Les Freed, and see many others at Amazon. I do have a working 2 computer
    wireless LAN setup at home and want the book in case of any problems
    that might pop up, as they do from time to time.

    Dan Wenz, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Dan Wenz

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Dan Wenz" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I'm looking for suggestions for a reference book, "layman" level - I
    > have one from the library, PC Magazine's "Guide for Home Networking", by
    > Les Freed, and see many others at Amazon. I do have a working 2 computer
    > wireless LAN setup at home and want the book in case of any problems
    > that might pop up, as they do from time to time.

    The Murphy Laws Complete - indispensable source of wisdom on wireless networking,
    and networking in general.

    Seriously, this technology is still in development, so any printed book you
    could find will be either too academic or too technical, or obsolete.
    The most current info in on the web and periodic press.
    Keep handy links to support web sites for all your equipment.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 26, 2004

  3. Dan Wenz

    Dan Wenz Guest

    Pavel A. wrote:

    > The Murphy Laws Complete - indispensable source of wisdom on wireless networking,
    > and networking in general.
    >
    > Seriously, this technology is still in development, so any printed book you
    > could find will be either too academic or too technical, or obsolete.
    > The most current info in on the web and periodic press.
    > Keep handy links to support web sites for all your equipment.

    Thanks! I always look for dates before buying a reference book in my
    "hobbies", and invariably wish that they had been looseleaf editions!
    The Web and newsgroups are my best sources of info., as my joining of
    this Group exemplifies (Is that a real word?).

    Dan Wenz, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Dan Wenz

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Dan Wenz" <> wrote in message news:...
    > as my joining of
    > this Group exemplifies (Is that a real word?).

    definitely! and don't forget the Murphy Laws.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 27, 2004
  5. Dan Wenz

    Dan Wenz Guest

    Pavel A. wrote:

    >>as my joining of
    >>this Group exemplifies (Is that a real word?).

    > definitely! and don't forget the Murphy Laws.

    Sure, like, "Bread always falls jelly side down", etc.

    Dan Wenz, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Dan Wenz

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Dan Wenz" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Sure, like, "Bread always falls jelly side down", etc.

    Yep, and don't miss their technology story...

    - No matter how good of a deal you get on computer components, the price will always drop immediately after the purchase.
    - To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
    - Build a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will want to use it.
    - If you are not thoroughly confused, you have not been thoroughly informed.
    - A man with one watch is certain about time. A man with two watches isn't.

    and...
    - When all else fails, read the instructions.

    oh, I have to stop now...
    More pearls on http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-technology.html

    Pavel A., Dec 28, 2004