    picture you want.
    Anyone know of a good application that takes the guess-work out of
    printing digital photos?

    B. Jones, Jul 12, 2004

  2. (B. Jones) wrote in news:e6ca440a.0407111534.5663fde9
    @posting.google.com:

    > I'm sure this subject comes up from time to time but a quick google
    > search does not reveal any good answers.
    > I can't seem to find a good application for photo printing.
    > I know what you're going to say - upload them to walmart and let them
    > do the printing. That's all fine but there are times I want to just
    > print them out on the fly here at home. I have an HP 970Cse printer.
    > I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for image editing but it seems I can't find a
    > good app to print, say a 4x6 photo on HP's 4x6 paper with the
    > perforated tab.
    > I have to crop my photo from 2048x1536 to 2048x1365 (to get down to
    > the 6x4 ratio).
    > Even then, it seems like it's a lot of trial and error to get the
    > picture you want.
    > Anyone know of a good application that takes the guess-work out of
    > printing digital photos?

    Personally I use Qimage for printing. There you can easily
    do the layout of the page. This application also has some nice
    scaling algorithms if you want high quality bigger pictures.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 12, 2004

  3. B. Jones

    Mark B. Guest

    "Roland Karlsson" <> wrote in message

    > Personally I use Qimage for printing. There you can easily
    > do the layout of the page. This application also has some nice
    > scaling algorithms if you want high quality bigger pictures.
    >

    > /Roland

    I'll second the recommendation for Qimage. I also use it to create jpegs if
    I go to Wal-Mart.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jul 12, 2004
  4. B. Jones