    Does anyone have any recommendation for good photo organization
    software on the PC?

    , Apr 30, 2006

  2. Tom Guest

    Picassa from Google?

    it's free and quite good.

    Tom, Apr 30, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I've just switched from a MAC to a PC. I used to use ILife to
    > organize/edit my photos.
    > Does anyone have any recommendation for good photo organization
    > software on the PC?

    There are quite a few, many are free. Thumbs is one that seems to get
    good reports.

    I just use what came with Adobe's Photoshop Elements. It works well for
    my use.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 30, 2006
  4. <> wrote

    > I've just switched from a MAC to a PC. I used to use ILife to
    > organize/edit my photos.
    > Does anyone have any recommendation for good photo organization
    > software on the PC?

    ThumbsPlus7

    Allows to organize and edit photos. Recognizes ICC profils, can be
    customized,
    stable, creates thumbnails from picture files in folders on your harddisk,
    can be
    used like WinExplorer, a lot of functions ...

    http://www.cerious.com/thumbnails.shtml

    Andreas

    --
    http://www.subworld.at

    Andreas Thaler, Apr 30, 2006
  5. Andrew Guest

    Going back a while ACDC and Extensis Portfolio were the best around.

    However, from what I understand, Adobe Photoshop comes with a photo
    organiser now-a-days, as part of the software.

    Andrew, Apr 30, 2006
  6. Freedom55 Guest

    wrote:
    > I've just switched from a MAC to a PC. I used to use ILife to
    > organize/edit my photos.
    > Does anyone have any recommendation for good photo organization
    > software on the PC?

    Corel's Photo Album 6 works for me.

    Ron

    --
    And it really doesn't matter if
    I'm wrong I'm right

    Lennon & McCartney

    Freedom55, Apr 30, 2006
  7. Mark Guest

    I use ACDSee as an organizer and front-end to Photoshop CS2 and
    Elements as I do not particularly care for Adobe's solution. ACDSee
    has a free trial, plus in the past, after a week or two they would
    offer a discount via email.

    http://www.acdsee.com/

    Mark, May 1, 2006
  8. Guest

    Thanks for your recommendation. What is an ICC profile? Is that the
    information that you can add to a photo under "properties"? I noticed
    that ACDSee would not recognize anything entered under "properties."

    , May 1, 2006
  9. <> wrote:

    > Thanks for your recommendation. What is an ICC profile?

    ICC profiles (embedded in the file) tell a color management system
    how colors are defined. Details:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_Management

    If you do not work with CM (CM assumes a profiled and calibrated
    monitor, settings in your editing program, profiles for printers) or your
    program cannot read ICC profiles than this is not of relevance.

    Andreas

    --
    http://www.subworld.at

    Andreas Thaler, May 1, 2006