    better than the others in the field, we want to know :)

    Best,

    Jean-Alain
    jean.alain.le.borgne, Dec 1, 2006

  2. jean.alain.le.borgne

    AAvK Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > A friend of mine recently made a photo book with a few black and white
    > shots, to give it a try, and was quite disappointed with the result.
    >
    > I'm looking for feedback on photo book printing services that offer
    > good quality black and white printing.
    >
    > This friend used to make his own prints, from Hasselblad shots, so he
    > has pretty high expectations. But still, if there's a printing service
    > better than the others in the field, we want to know :)
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Jean-Alain

    heh... I suggest buy an Epson stylus 1280 silver and monochrome
    inks for it, fed by a CIS (continous ink system), and learn the whole
    process. This involves color management, as well.

    Best Inks:
    http://www.piezography.com/ ~ http://www.lyson.com/
    http://www.cone-editions.com/ ~ http://www.inkjetart.com/

    CIS:
    http://www.inksupply.com/ ~ http://www.nomorecarts.com/

    A flexible printer driver with sizing interpolation:
    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

    --
    }<)))*> Giant_Alex
    cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com