    Any ideas gratefully received.

    Regards
    Andrew Holder

    ASH, Oct 31, 2003

  2. ASH

    Dick Guest

    Andrew,

    I use www.webshots.com to store my photo albums. I believe I paid
    about $48 for a 2 year subscription ($2/month) that allow some 60
    albums with 60 photos each. You can set an album as public - so all
    can see, or private - allowing only those folks you invite to see
    them. I think it's a pretty good deal - and I also use webshots for my
    wallpaper and screensaver. Tons of pics available to download and use
    in this manner.

    Dick Smith

    Dick, Oct 31, 2003

  3. ASH

    David Guest

    Hello,
    Try www.imagestation.com fast upload. grouping of photos in albums as you
    like. FREE. and you can restric who looks at the images. Plus they offer all
    kinds of neat things you can print, like a book of you pictures!
    Have a great day
    David.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289798103
    www.HollidayPhoto.com

    David, Oct 31, 2003
  4. ASH

    Omega Guest

    This site will not allow you to see the full size image like Webshots.com
    does. Webshots is a far superior site as far as image quality is concerned.

    Omega, Oct 31, 2003
  5. ASH

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:18:46 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "ASH"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there. I've decided that now my girlfriend and I both have broadband
    >connections, and the fact that she never gets to see most of the photos I
    >shoot (I only print about 1%) I'd like to upload lots of them to the web.
    >
    >Any recommendations for sites to store them. I would want a fast upload for
    >large batches of photos, security so that other people could only see the
    >albums I allowed and preferably reasonable cost. Don't mind paying a bit if
    >it's a good site.

    If it's only for your GF why not make html or other based albums and either
    give them to her on CD or e-mail them to her? If she's only going to view
    on screen the resolution can be reduced
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Oct 31, 2003
  6. ASH

    Mark Weaver Guest

    Check out fototime.com. Good performance, access to full sized images and
    the fotoalbum software is free and really excellent (both a local photo
    album package and uploader -- though you can upload through the browser
    also).

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Oct 31, 2003
  7. ASH

    David Guest

    Sorry, but www.imagestation.com does allow you to view the pictures full
    size. All you have to do is click on the image.
    I agree, if it is for your GF to look at use something html based like
    http://www.digifilm.info/dogdays/ JAlbum 3.5 I find it very useful.
    David
    www.HollidayPhoto.com

    David, Oct 31, 2003
  8. ASH

    SPS22 Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message news:<2%Bob.73713$e01.252216@attbi_s02>...
    > Sorry, but www.imagestation.com does allow you to view the pictures full
    > size. All you have to do is click on the image.
    > I agree, if it is for your GF to look at use something html based like
    > http://www.digifilm.info/dogdays/ JAlbum 3.5 I find it very useful.
    > David
    > www.HollidayPhoto.com
    >

    > This site will not allow you to see the full size image like Webshots.com
    > does. Webshots is a far superior site as far as image quality is concerned.

    Try the Google web directory on free web sites to share photos. Some
    of the useful ones are: fotki.com, gopictures.com (offer 30 MB),
    imira.com, focalfix.com, tnight.net, HereMy.com, myPhotosOnline.biz,
    and photo.net. If you read the terms of service of some sites, they
    would keep your photos for only a small period of time unless you
    purchase their services (mostly printing). I haven't really found a
    site with very good layout. I guess free is still a good price. One
    thing we would like is to not have the web site foldup after all the
    effort of putting the photos there. In that regard, I am tempted to
    say that Yahoo Photos might be best, although I am not sure that
    others can see the photo at full scale.

    Good luck and do let us know which site you finally picked.

    -Surinder

    SPS22, Nov 4, 2003
  9. ASH

    Cindy Guest

    You are also welcome to try our site at http://www.picfa.com/ for a
    month free with 200MB space. You can view a sample web site at
    http://www.picfa.com/?page=Share&uid=131577 and check out the About Us
    page at http://www.picfa.com/?page=AboutUs to see how we are different
    from the other photo sites. Thanks!

    Cindy

    Cindy, Nov 4, 2003
  10. ASH wrote:
    > Hi there. I've decided that now my girlfriend and I both have
    > broadband connections, and the fact that she never gets to see most
    > of the photos I shoot (I only print about 1%) I'd like to upload lots
    > of them to the web.
    >
    > Any recommendations for sites to store them. I would want a fast
    > upload for large batches of photos, security so that other people
    > could only see the albums I allowed and preferably reasonable cost.
    > Don't mind paying a bit if it's a good site.
    >
    > I've tried Pbase.com which is quite good, but not terribly good for
    > uploading.

    Try www.fotopic.net, you will get 250 MB for free, you will get a gallery,
    divided into collections (if you like) that can be set with a password or
    not even published at all (just for own use). I got mine a couple of weeks
    ago and found the services they deliver pretty complete, only point of
    comment would be navigating through the gallery management pages. It's
    sometimes hard to find a specific features, although you know it's out there
    :)

    Edgar van Tricht \(T\), Nov 15, 2003
  11. ASH

    Ron Andrews Guest

    Other sites to check out are Ofoto and Snapfish. There is no cost to
    upload and store images. Everything is password protected. You can arrange
    photos in albums. They make their money when people order prints or other
    services. The major downside is that images are only displayed at 320x480
    pixels regardless of file size so on-line viewing is less than ideal.

    --
    Ron Andrews
    http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html

    Ron Andrews, Nov 15, 2003