    ProCert or is TransCram good enough to be used alone to pass?

    Thanks!!!

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Paul

    Badman Guest

    W F C

    bank account
    >(violin starts playing). Problem is I'm not sure how much

    Transcender
    >helped. I practiced the ProCert 70-210 and FlashCards

    until I about
    >aced them and the exam only had a handful out of 50

    questions that
    >even remotely resembled the ProCert. The rest were way

    out there. So I
    >now see Transcender has "TransCram" that "uses the same

    question pool
    >as the TranscenderCert exam simulations." $30 for 72

    hours. Has
    >anybody used both TransCram and ProCert? Is TransCram a

    supplement to

    Badman, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Paul

    Guest Guest

    I think you missed the point behind the test exams. They
    aren't supposed to *be* the exam. They're designed to
    test your knowledge, and reveal your weak areas. Knowing
    what your weaknesses are, you can focus your study time on
    them.

    Mine for example were NTFS folder/file and share
    permissions, printer management, remote access, network
    protocols, and security templates. With several weeks of
    studying, and experiementing I passed the 70-210 January
    5, 2004 first time around. Three more to go.

    Guest, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Yes, I agree that's what they're for. I'm not expecting them
    to be the exam. I'm expecting them to prepare me for the
    material that may be on the exam to make sure I'm not
    focusing on subnetting if the exam is all RRAS. I've
    already taken all the CTEC MCSA courses, studied
    MOC binders page for page and did the sims, set up
    a home network, domain, AD, PDC, BDC, client,
    and did DNS, DHCP, etc from scratch. After all that
    I expected to take the exam fairly prepared. Which is my
    point. IMO, there were more than a few questions whose
    topics I don't recall being covered by the CTEC, MS
    MOC, or Transcender. In fact, probably only my experience
    helped me answer them, which is fine and I'm sure is the
    whole point of the exams and credential.

    I've seen so many posts about Transcender being the best.
    I was kinda disappointed. I think it helped prepare me
    for real situations, but came up short on relevant exam
    content which is what I bought it for. Now with all that being
    said, has anybody used TransCram and is the material any more
    relevant or is it just a time limited scaled down version of the
    exams? What do you get for a $30 TransCram compared to
    the $100+ Transcender exam?

    Thanks - Paul

    Paul, Jan 8, 2004