    is my market price? Is $60k to $65k too much to ask?

    Thanks in advance for any valuable advice.

    Frank

    Frank, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Frank

    Amulet Guest

    Depends on where u are Frank and how u bring value to the company. =O

    Cheers,

    Amulet

    Amulet, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Frank

    Jay Walters Guest

    Exactly what Amulet said....

    Also look at the state of the economy in the local area,
    the health of the company (in regards to it's
    profitability), and the employee benefits package.

    Additionally - what will your responsibilities be (same
    as value to the company) and do you bring any unique
    experience to the department?

    Based on the question you're asking and the way you
    stated it.. (not to sound mean) you're probably a level 1
    maybe a level 2 developer so I wouldn't expect big
    dollars yet.

    In this economy, the dollars come with experience.

    Best of Luck,

    Jay Walters, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Frank

    Guest Guest

    Wait until the interviewer raises the issue of what your salary requirements
    are. At that point, simply ask point blank what the salary range is for
    developers at the company. That's what I did. The guy looked surprised by
    the question and stated that the salaries ranged from 50k - 75k. I ask for
    and got 65k.

    Guest, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks a lot, guys.

    I am trying to do some research on the company and the
    living expense of the local area.

    So far I know that I need to ask for a annual financial
    report of the company. But where do I get the exact
    liveing expense information of the local area?

    Thanks in advance for your guide.

    Frank

    Frank, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Frank

    Pine Guest

    Frank,

    Not exactly "exact living expense" since that depends on your life
    style. My best bet would be looking through local listings or local
    papers for food, housing etc. And if you can become acquitance with
    someone living in that area, that might be of great help. But again,
    that all depends on your life style as I said.

    HTH,
    Pine

    Pine, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Frank

    WizyDig Guest

    Try the local chamber of commerce they usually have stats on many differant
    local economic factors. you can go to any search engine to find the web
    site.

    You should be able to find out what the average price of a home and average
    income what they call the cost of living.
    One you have this info for your target location go to your local chamber and
    find the same. it will be an apples to apples comparison which will give you
    an idea of how much more or less you can expect for the same job in your
    area.

    -Wiz.

    WizyDig, Oct 7, 2003
  8. Frank

    Dolph Guest

    Like the others said before. It depends on where you are
    located. Are you working on your masters or have your
    masters? That would make a big difference!

    Unless you don't have a lot of actual work experience, I
    think that a MCAD specializing in C# should make at least
    75k+. You worked hard getting the MCAD it should be
    worth something!

    If you have your masters, you should probably not be a
    developer, but a development manager or higher.

    Dolph, Oct 9, 2003
  9. Frank

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >You worked hard getting the MCAD it should be
    >worth something!

    Proving that fact maybe a different matter....

    Kline Sphere, Oct 9, 2003