    Can someone point to some suitable information?

    Many thanks

    Matthew
    Matt, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Matt

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
    > "Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?
    >
    > Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?
    >
    > Can someone point to some suitable information?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Matthew

    Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

    Oh look! First hit! http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk sound files
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >Matt wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
    >> "Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?
    >>
    >> Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?
    >>
    >> Can someone point to some suitable information?
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Matthew
    >>

    >Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk
    >
    >Oh look! First hit! http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk sound files

    I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
    is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:

    dsx*CLI> show application GotoIfTime
    -= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-

    [Synopsis]
    Conditional Goto based on the current time

    [Description]
    This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
    the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
    specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
    the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
    time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
    is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.

    See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
    to download now, just google for it)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Re: "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

    On Mar 26, 2:27 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >

    > >Matt wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
    > >> "Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?

    > >> Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?

    > >> Can someone point to some suitable information?

    > >> Many thanks

    > >> Matthew

    > >Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

    > >Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk sound files

    > I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    > the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
    > is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:
    >
    > dsx*CLI> show application GotoIfTime
    > -= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-
    >
    > [Synopsis]
    > Conditional Goto based on the current time
    >
    > [Description]
    > This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
    > the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
    > specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
    > the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
    > time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
    > is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.
    >
    > See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
    > to download now, just google for it)
    >
    > Gordon

    Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

    I'll go and find the book now....

    Many thanks

    Matthew
    Matt, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Matt

    On Mar 26, 2:47 pm, "Matt" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 2:27 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:
    >

    > > In article <>,
    > > Desk Rabbit <> wrote:

    > > >Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

    > > >Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk sound files

    > > I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    > > the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
    > > is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:

    > > dsx*CLI> show application GotoIfTime
    > > -= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-

    > > [Synopsis]
    > > Conditional Goto based on the current time

    > > [Description]
    > > This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
    > > the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
    > > specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
    > > the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
    > > time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
    > > is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.

    > > See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
    > > to download now, just google for it)

    > > Gordon

    > Thanks Gordon, you got it right!
    >
    > I'll go and find the book now....
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Matthew

    Replying to my own message...

    Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?

    Thanks again,

    Matthew
    Matt, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Re: "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

    In article <>,
    Matt <> wrote:

    >> Thanks Gordon, you got it right!
    >>
    >> I'll go and find the book now....
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Matthew

    >Replying to my own message...
    >
    >Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?

    I don't use either, but I'm led to belive that FreePBX takes over all
    the config files - I don't know if it has any mechamisms to let you
    add your own custom stuff to it - best to ask on one of the trixbox or
    freepbx forums..

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Matt

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Matt <> wrote:
    >>> Thanks Gordon, you got it right!
    >>>
    >>> I'll go and find the book now....
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>
    >>> Matthew

    >> Replying to my own message...
    >>
    >> Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?

    > I don't use either, but I'm led to belive that FreePBX takes over all
    > the config files - I don't know if it has any mechamisms to let you
    > add your own custom stuff to it - best to ask on one of the trixbox or
    > freepbx forums..
    >
    > Gordon

    freePBX/trixbox will allow you to create custom settings files. Where
    the normal Asterisk config files are called things like extensions.conf
    and sip.conf, FreePBX/Trixbox allows the use of files called (for
    example) extensions_custom.conf and sip_custom.conf. These can be
    edited without being overwritten by FreePBX.

    The non-custom config files are overwritten every time you click the red
    bar in freepbx.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul Hayes, Mar 26, 2007
  8. Matt

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >> Matt wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
    >>> "Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?
    >>>
    >>> Is this easy? Has anyone achieved this?
    >>>
    >>> Can someone point to some suitable information?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>
    >>> Matthew
    >>>

    >> Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk
    >>
    >> Oh look! First hit! http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk sound files

    > I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    > the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them...

    So why did he write "I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning",
    "Good Afternoon" and "Good Evening" greeting" instead of "I want to
    playback recordings at specific times of the day like "Good
    Morning"???????????????????????????

    FFS!
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2007
  9. Matt

    On Mar 26, 4:04 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > Desk Rabbit <> wrote:

    > >> Hmm.. lets try Google with the search recording sounds for asterisk

    > >> Oh look! First hit!http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk sound files

    > > I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    > > the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them...

    > So why did he write "I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning",
    > "Good Afternoon" and "Good Evening" greeting" instead of "I want to
    > playback recordings at specific times of the day like "Good
    > Morning"???????????????????????????
    >
    > FFS!

    One of those instances where it sounded ok when I read it back, but to
    others it meant something else.
    Matt, Mar 26, 2007
  10. Matt

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 2:47 pm, "Matt" <> wrote:
    >> On Mar 26, 2:27 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:

    >>> I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    >>> the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
    >>> is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:
    >>> dsx*CLI> show application GotoIfTime
    >>> -= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-
    >>> [Synopsis]
    >>> Conditional Goto based on the current time
    >>> [Description]
    >>> This application will set the context, extension, and priority in
    >>> the channel structure if the current time matches the given time
    >>> specification. Otherwise, nothing is done. Further information on
    >>> the time specification can be found in examples illustrating how to do
    >>> time-based context includes in the dialplan. If the target jump location
    >>> is bogus, Asterisk will respond as outlined in Goto.
    >>> See also page 105 of the Asterisk - The Future of Telephony book. (Free
    >>> to download now, just google for it)
    >>> Gordon

    >> Thanks Gordon, you got it right!
    >>
    >> I'll go and find the book now....
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Matthew

    > Replying to my own message...
    >
    > Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?

    Assuming you are asking this question and not something completely
    different.....;-)

    In FreePBX you need to look at Time Conditions & Announcments.

    You will need to daisy chain the Time Conditions to achieve what you
    want. i.e 1 for AM with a failover to PM if it doesn't match.

    IMHO the Time Conditions in Asterisk and Freepbx are a nightmare and
    best avoided if it can be helped.
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2007
  11. Matt

    On Mar 26, 4:09 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > Matt wrote:

    > >> Thanks Gordon, you got it right!

    > >> I'll go and find the book now....

    > >> Many thanks

    > >> Matthew

    > > Replying to my own message...

    > > Is there an easy way to implement this with freepbx or trixbox?

    > Assuming you are asking this question and not something completely
    > different.....;-)
    >
    > In FreePBX you need to look at Time Conditions & Announcments.
    >
    > You will need to daisy chain the Time Conditions to achieve what you
    > want. i.e 1 for AM with a failover to PM if it doesn't match.
    >
    > IMHO the Time Conditions in Asterisk and Freepbx are a nightmare and
    > best avoided if it can be helped.

    Cheers - I'll go and have a look at those settings.
    Matt, Mar 26, 2007
  12. Matt

    alexd Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to be able to record a "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" and
    > "Good Evening" greeting to play to callers on the asterisk pbx?

    In FreePBX, go to System > System Recordings to record a custom message.
    You'll then be able to use these in IVRs where it says "Announcement", for
    example.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:23:23 up 31 days, 20:36, 2 users, load average: 0.94, 0.47, 0.38
    alexd, Mar 26, 2007
  13. Matt

    DesG Guest

    Re: "Good Morning / Good afternoon" in Asterisk

    > I'm suspecting the OP actually wanted to playback those files based on
    > the time of day rather than the mechanics of recording them... If this
    > is the case, lookup the GotoIfTime application:
    >
    > dsx*CLI> show application GotoIfTime
    > -= Info about application 'GotoIfTime' =-

    I think the gotoiftime function uses UTC time, so it can be a bit
    tricky getting a changeover like morning/afternoon right depending on
    if we are in summer time or winter time etc.

    I havn't investigated it fully yet, but I think that is the current
    situation.

    Cheers, Des.
    DesG, Mar 29, 2007