    APS. All that seems to be happening with the APS is that you are
    short-changing the Zeiss lens.

    http://dpreview.com/lensreviews/sony_24_2_m15/

    RichA, Oct 21, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Oct 22, 2010

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Oct 22, 2010
  4. RichA

    Me Guest

    On 23/10/2010 7:28 p.m., Paul Furman wrote:
    > Bruce wrote:
    >> Paul Furman<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sure looks freaky on the NEX body:
    >>> http://a.img-dpreview.com/lensreviews/sony_24_2_m15/images/onbody3.jpg

    >> Not exactly what you would call a pancake lens. ;-)

    > Is there an FX NEX?
    > Think of it as a basic digital back for your lenses.
    > That would be cool.

    Closest you can get is a canon 5DII.
    It can mount Nikon (and other) glass, still has a prism and optical
    viewfinder, but works in LV mode. Makes movies too. Shame about the
    pattern noise limited electronics, but at least it's cheap and high
    resolution.

    Me, Oct 23, 2010
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:28:04 -0700, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:
    >Bruce wrote:
    >> Paul Furman<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sure looks freaky on the NEX body:
    >>> http://a.img-dpreview.com/lensreviews/sony_24_2_m15/images/onbody3.jpg

    >> Not exactly what you would call a pancake lens. ;-)

    >Is there an FX NEX?
    >Think of it as a basic digital back for your lenses.
    >That would be cool.

    I agree it would be cool, but there isn't one and it is unlikely there
    ever will be. Given that the Alpha 900 and 850 models are both
    discontinued, with no replacement in sight, Sony may well abandon
    Alpha full frame sensors altogether.

    That would be a shame. Apha users who bought full frame Sony lenses
    (or kept their Minolta glass) would have to rely on the used market
    for A900 and A850 bodies or accept a 1.5X factor on APS-C.

    Bruce, Oct 23, 2010
  6. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >For all those thinking 12-15 megapixels is just "fine" take a look at
    >the resolution differences of this lens on a 24 megapixel FF and an
    >APS sensored camera with fewer MP. Despite the inevitable softening
    >at the edge of the FF, overall the resolution is hugely better in the
    >FF 24MP camera. $2000 for the FF camera (850) and about $1000 for the
    >APS. All that seems to be happening with the APS is that you are
    >short-changing the Zeiss lens.

    You can get a high quality lens and a 40MP camera and get really good
    results for $50,000.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 24, 2010
  7. Ray Fischer <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >>FF 24MP camera. $2000 for the FF camera (850) and about $1000 for the
    >>APS. All that seems to be happening with the APS is that you are
    >>short-changing the Zeiss lens.

    > You can get a high quality lens and a 40MP camera and get really good
    > results for $50,000.

    And if you believe that, you're either a beginner with no idea
    (and probably don't even leave the green square mode for the scene
    modes) or you are a very experienced, published, hard working pro
    who's outgrown is current $30,000 camera (add that amount again
    for the regularly used lenses).

    BTW, Ray has a bridge to sell ...

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 24, 2010
  8. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Wolfgang Weisselberg <> wrote:
    >Ray Fischer <> wrote:
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>>FF 24MP camera. $2000 for the FF camera (850) and about $1000 for the
    >>>APS. All that seems to be happening with the APS is that you are
    >>>short-changing the Zeiss lens.

    >> You can get a high quality lens and a 40MP camera and get really good
    >> results for $50,000.

    >And if you believe that, you're either a beginner with no idea
    >(and probably don't even leave the green square mode for the scene
    >modes) or you are a very experienced, published, hard working pro
    >who's outgrown is current $30,000 camera (add that amount again
    >for the regularly used lenses).
    >
    >BTW, Ray has a bridge to sell ...

    That's the point. Rich is an elitist snob who insists that anything
    less than a good magnesium FF SLR with an expensive lens CANNOT take
    worthwhile pictures.

    Of course he's also a hypocrite because the same logic can be used to
    disparage his choice in cameras.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 24, 2010
  9. Ray Fischer <> wrote:

    > That's the point. Rich is an elitist snob who insists that anything
    > less than a good magnesium FF SLR with an expensive lens CANNOT take
    > worthwhile pictures.

    Rich is an idiot. I've killfiled him years ago. Nothing
    useful comes out of his mouth.

    > Of course he's also a hypocrite because the same logic can be used to
    > disparage his choice in cameras.

    I just wonder why people still respond to him at all.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 25, 2010
  10. David J. Littleboy <> wrote:
    > "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote:

    [Rich]
    >> I just wonder why people still respond to him at all.

    > He's pretty much the only one who starts threads here. :(

    Ah, it's desperation ...

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 26, 2010
  11. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    > Ray Fischer <> wrote:
    >
    > > That's the point. Rich is an elitist snob who insists that anything
    > > less than a good magnesium FF SLR with an expensive lens CANNOT take
    > > worthwhile pictures.

    > Rich is an idiot. I've killfiled him years ago. Nothing
    > useful comes out of his mouth.

    Nor from his keyboard, for that matter.

    > > Of course he's also a hypocrite because the same logic can be used
    > > to disparage his choice in cameras.

    > I just wonder why people still respond to him at all.
    >
    > -Wolfgang

    Rich's "bait" is scented with an irresistible, musky and uniquely
    Canadian odor.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>