Good lens, crappy camera amalgam

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 18, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Feb 18, 2011

  2. RichA

    charles Guest

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:54:17 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >A $1500 spotting scope coupled to a POS 3 megapixel P&S piece of junk
    >camera?? Why? WHY??
    >
    >This design had promise. Too bad the camera sucked.
    >
    >http://www.oceanwanderers.com/KowaTD1.html

    But it says right there on the website, and I quote ( or rather copy
    and paste)

    The chunky metal design (no plastic here)
    charles, Feb 18, 2011

  3. RichA

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/19/2011 12:54 AM, RichA wrote:
    > A $1500 spotting scope coupled to a POS 3 megapixel P&S piece of junk
    > camera?? Why? WHY??
    >
    > This design had promise. Too bad the camera sucked.
    >
    > http://www.oceanwanderers.com/KowaTD1.html

    Maybe because you are looking at something produced 6 years ago,
    according to the EXIFs of the demo pictures...
    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Feb 19, 2011
  4. RichA

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/19/2011 01:06 AM, Outing Trolls is FUN! wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:54:17 -0800 (PST), RichA<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> A $1500 spotting scope coupled to a POS 3 megapixel P&S piece of junk
    >> camera?? Why? WHY??

    > Because you're a freakishly ignorant and stupid moron of a troll, that's
    > why. You know absolutely nothing about lenses, optics, sensors, nor
    > cameras.

    Indeed. This is a very good camera. This picture:

    http://www.oceanwanderers.com/TD1Scope.0073.jpg

    is much better than anything you have ever shown us.
    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Feb 19, 2011
  5. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/18/2011 8:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-02-18 15:54:17 -0800, RichA <> said:
    >
    >> A $1500 spotting scope coupled to a POS 3 megapixel P&S piece of junk
    >> camera?? Why? WHY??
    >>
    >> This design had promise. Too bad the camera sucked.
    >>
    >> http://www.oceanwanderers.com/KowaTD1.html

    > Again you seem to be well behind the curve. I for one, am surprised you
    > didn't find this announcement back in 2003.
    > < http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1047935077.html >
    >
    > or this one from 2004.
    > < http://www.dpreview.com/news/0406/04062402kowprominartd1.asp >
    >
    > ...and your review dates from October 24, 2005.

    Do you think that will bother him?

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Feb 19, 2011
  6. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Feb 18, 8:51 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-02-18 17:37:38 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >

    > > charles <> wrote in

    > >> But it says right there on the website, and I quote ( or rather copy
    > >> and paste)

    > >> The chunky metal design (no plastic here)

    > > Not quite.  Kowa spotting scopes are clad in plastic skin over metal.

    > Not my 42 year old Kowa, or my 50 year old B&L spotting scopes, all
    > metal, not a bit of plastic anywhere.

    True. I don't support the use of any plastic on a telescope, there is
    no need. But that was back when America (in the case of the B&L
    Balscope or Space Master) hadn't sold their soul to Walmart and China.
    Rich, Feb 19, 2011
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/19/2011 12:39 PM, Rich wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 8:51 pm, Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >> On 2011-02-18 17:37:38 -0800, Rich<> said:
    >>

    >>> charles<> wrote in

    >>> Not quite. Kowa spotting scopes are clad in plastic skin over metal.

    >> Not my 42 year old Kowa, or my 50 year old B&L spotting scopes, all
    >> metal, not a bit of plastic anywhere.

    > True. I don't support the use of any plastic on a telescope, there is
    > no need. But that was back when America (in the case of the B&L
    > Balscope or Space Master) hadn't sold their soul to Walmart and China.

    Not even on the eye cup to make it more comfortable. Not even when it
    will tend to equalize the coefficient of expansion of the lens elements.
    Not even when it will protect the metal tubing from the elements.
    No SIR. NEVER.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Feb 19, 2011