Good internet cleanup software for free

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by David, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I currently have software to clean up internet
    temp files, recent lists, cookies, etc called
    "Internet Cleanup" by Ontrack (I believe sold to some
    other company and is at least 2 years old). I'm wondering
    if there is any newer but free downloadable software that does
    a better job. I currently use Ad Aware, Spybot, Zone Alarm,
    Kerio Personal Firewall and AVG Antivirus which are free and I am
    VERY satisfied with the security on my computer. Just have not been
    able to find the one last bit of software I find necessary
    to keep the file clutter of surfing windows cleaned up.
    I am actually not trying to hide my surfing habits but
    keep my computer cleaned up to reduce system degredation
    over time (I still reformat about once a year). If needed
    I have a recently purchased Dell 2400 with XP Pro. Your
    help is greatly appreciated.

    Dave

    Add another one in front of the one (ie 1165)in my email address to
    reach me directly.

    David, Oct 20, 2003

  2. David

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, davids165
    @juno.com says...
    [snip]

    Just use the remove temp internet files, and the other apps to clean up,
    then make sure to run a full DEFRAG - XP Defrag isn't good enough - get
    Disk keeper and run it at boot time once a month or so....

    Like you, I use to rebuild my development workstations every year, but
    once I started cleaning them, and then doing the monthly Defrag (in
    addition to a nightly full Defrag) I've not had any performance issues.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Oct 20, 2003

  3. David

    donutbandit Guest