    bargain price.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Jim
    Jim, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Jim

    jlancos Guest

    Jim,

    Have you tried any computer shows in your town or nearby towns ? Last
    few I've been to had all the regular papers and the new stuff out. Also
    different Sams carry different items so that might be a try also.

    jlancos, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Jim

    Clyde Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > I know I have seen it posted here before but could someone tell me where to
    > get high end glossy photo paper for a good price. I found Georgia Pacific
    > Image Plus paper 8.5 in. X 11 in. to be excellent with my Canon I960. I
    > found it at Sam's Club for $11.00 for 100 sheets. This is 9 mil paper that
    > has given me great results. Unfortunately Sam's Club doesn't carry it all
    > the time. I found it at some websites for $40.00 for 100 sheets!! I don't
    > think that was really a realistic price since GP doesn't retail through
    > mainstream stores but I can't find it for anywhere near the price I paid at
    > Sam's Club. For those of you not in the US, Sam's Club is a bulk buying
    > club under the same company as Wal Mart.
    >
    > I would be willing to give some other paper a try if I could find it for a
    > bargain price.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Jim

    I really like Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Lite.
    <http://www.inkjetart.com/photo_papers/ilford/smooth_gloss.html> It's
    looks just like the great regular version. It's only a tad less in
    weight (10.4 instead of 10.8). Most important, it's almost half the price.

    Clyde
    Clyde, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Jim

    Blade Runner Guest

    CQ Glossy Photo Paper 20 sheets 8.5x11 per package for sale $0.99 in Fry's.
    It is $3.99 when it is not on sale.

    Shoot picture with Fuji S7000(6M mode) and Print it with Canon i560 and the
    result is astonishing!

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:36:58 -0500, "Jim" <> wrote:

    =>I know I have seen it posted here before but could someone tell me where to
    =>get high end glossy photo paper for a good price. I found Georgia Pacific
    =>Image Plus paper 8.5 in. X 11 in. to be excellent with my Canon I960. I
    =>found it at Sam's Club for $11.00 for 100 sheets. This is 9 mil paper that
    =>has given me great results. Unfortunately Sam's Club doesn't carry it all
    =>the time. I found it at some websites for $40.00 for 100 sheets!! I don't
    =>think that was really a realistic price since GP doesn't retail through
    =>mainstream stores but I can't find it for anywhere near the price I paid at
    =>Sam's Club. For those of you not in the US, Sam's Club is a bulk buying
    =>club under the same company as Wal Mart.
    =>
    Blade Runner, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks for the tips. I looked at the Ilford before at Sam's but wasn't sure
    if it was any good. I found 100 sheets of the Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss
    Photo for $23.22 plus shipping at http://samsclub.com. Do you know if the
    10.8 thickness makes any difference? I know it will work in my printer. I
    think I'll give it a try. Has to better than the 200 sheets I have now that
    will going in the garbage.

    Jim, Aug 20, 2004
  6. That Ilford paper you described is exactly what I PREFER, to go with
    my Canon i950. I pay that same price at the local Sam's without the
    shipping, but with state sales tax. Hope you find it as good as I
    have.

    Olin McDaniel

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:04:19 -0500, "Jim"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the tips. I looked at the Ilford before at Sam's but wasn't sure
    >if it was any good. I found 100 sheets of the Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss
    >Photo for $23.22 plus shipping at http://samsclub.com. Do you know if the
    >10.8 thickness makes any difference? I know it will work in my printer. I
    >think I'll give it a try. Has to better than the 200 sheets I have now that
    >will going in the garbage.
    >

    >"Jim" <> wrote in message
    >> I know I have seen it posted here before but could someone tell me where

    >> get high end glossy photo paper for a good price. I found Georgia Pacific
    >> Image Plus paper 8.5 in. X 11 in. to be excellent with my Canon I960. I
    >> found it at Sam's Club for $11.00 for 100 sheets. This is 9 mil paper

    >that
    >> has given me great results. Unfortunately Sam's Club doesn't carry it all
    >> the time. I found it at some websites for $40.00 for 100 sheets!! I

    >don't
    >> think that was really a realistic price since GP doesn't retail through
    >> mainstream stores but I can't find it for anywhere near the price I paid

    >at
    >> Sam's Club. For those of you not in the US, Sam's Club is a bulk buying
    >> club under the same company as Wal Mart.
    >>
    >> I would be willing to give some other paper a try if I could find it for a
    >> bargain price.
    >>
    >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Jim

    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
    Olin K. McDaniel, Aug 21, 2004
  7. Jim

    Skip M Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the tips. I looked at the Ilford before at Sam's but wasn't

    sure
    > if it was any good. I found 100 sheets of the Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss
    > Photo for $23.22 plus shipping at http://samsclub.com. Do you know if the
    > 10.8 thickness makes any difference? I know it will work in my printer.

    > think I'll give it a try. Has to better than the 200 sheets I have now

    that
    > will going in the garbage.

    I use Ilford pretty exclusively, mostly the Classic series, rather than the
    smooth, 'though I've used both on my Canon i9000S. Excellent results. That
    CQ stuff from Fry's is pretty dire, the ink never seems to really dry, odd
    colors, fast fading, and kind of a greenish/magenta cast on b&w prints. I
    use it for contact sheets, only, 'cause it's cheap.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Aug 21, 2004
  8. Jim

    Clyde Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > Thanks for the tips. I looked at the Ilford before at Sam's but wasn't sure
    > if it was any good. I found 100 sheets of the Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss
    > Photo for $23.22 plus shipping at http://samsclub.com. Do you know if the
    > 10.8 thickness makes any difference? I know it will work in my printer. I
    > think I'll give it a try. Has to better than the 200 sheets I have now that
    > will going in the garbage.
    >

    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I know I have seen it posted here before but could someone tell me where

    >>get high end glossy photo paper for a good price. I found Georgia Pacific
    >>Image Plus paper 8.5 in. X 11 in. to be excellent with my Canon I960. I
    >>found it at Sam's Club for $11.00 for 100 sheets. This is 9 mil paper

    > that
    >
    >>has given me great results. Unfortunately Sam's Club doesn't carry it all
    >>the time. I found it at some websites for $40.00 for 100 sheets!! I

    > don't
    >
    >>think that was really a realistic price since GP doesn't retail through
    >>mainstream stores but I can't find it for anywhere near the price I paid

    > at
    >
    >>Sam's Club. For those of you not in the US, Sam's Club is a bulk buying
    >>club under the same company as Wal Mart.
    >>
    >>I would be willing to give some other paper a try if I could find it for a
    >>bargain price.
    >>
    >>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>Jim

    Personally, I don't think you'll get better than Ilford paper. They are
    the oldest name in photography. They nade/make some of the best wet
    darkroom paper and chemicals. So they know a few things about the photo
    stuff.

    A few years ago when you couldn't get inkjet paper that wouldn't almost
    instantly fade, Ilford had a reputation of not fading. Alas, I haven't
    seen any recent tests of their fade resistance, but I bet it's pretty good.

    Clyde
    Clyde, Aug 21, 2004