Good Freeware Macro Recorder?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Slyfoot, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest

    I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
    Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
    Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
    to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
    out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
    finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
    OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
    work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
    all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
    want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
    anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
    I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
    as AutoIt.

    Thanks
    ~Sly

    --
    Sam Campbell III
    Professional Dilettante
    Slyfoot, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Slyfoot

    Duane Arnold Guest

    (Slyfoot) wrote in news:4127f827.5258109@news-
    server.cfl.rr.com:

    > I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
    > Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
    > Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
    > to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
    > out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
    > finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
    > OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
    > work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
    > all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
    > want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
    > anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
    > I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
    > as AutoIt.
    >
    > Thanks
    > ~Sly

    You may find something in the link.

    http://www.snapfiles.com/shareware/system/swauto.html

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Slyfoot

    Parko Guest

    Slyfoot wrote:
    > I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
    > Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
    > Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
    > to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
    > out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
    > finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
    > OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
    > work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
    > all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
    > want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
    > anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
    > I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
    > as AutoIt.
    >
    > Thanks
    > ~Sly

    OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 records macros.
    Free download: http://www.openoffice.org/

    --
    Parko
    Parko, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Slyfoot

    Pennywise Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:38:27 GMT, (Slyfoot) wrote:

    |>I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
    |>Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
    |>Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
    |>to record keystrokes and mouse movements.

    I've gotta suggest PowerPro.

    It's part of my systems (98/2000/XP I multi-boot), I'd be lost without
    it at this point.

    Yes it does macros very well, and a whole lot more. Pretty much
    whatever you need to do, it will configure for it.

    http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
    (Completely free! No catch!)
    Pennywise, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Slyfoot

    larrydalooza Guest

    (Slyfoot) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
    > Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
    > Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
    > to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
    > out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
    > finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
    > OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
    > work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
    > all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
    > want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
    > anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
    > I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
    > as AutoIt.
    >
    > Thanks
    > ~Sly

    Several people have written "Script Writers" for AutoIt3 that record a
    script when you perform actions, so that it is in essence a macro
    recorder. ask at the forum. The forum is VERY friendly and active...

    http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/

    Lar. (AutoIt3 Developer)
    larrydalooza, Aug 22, 2004
  6. Slyfoot

    SunnyWay

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    I remember there is one named "Auto Macro". Not free, but it seems easy to use.
    SunnyWay, Sep 13, 2012