    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now
    http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html
    Mike245, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Mike245

    old jon Guest

    "Mike245" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a dying hard drive and usually use the utilities that come with a
    >new hard drive, but this time around Im copying a dying disk to another
    >used disk. Is there a good free utility which will do this? It must also
    >maintain the mbr as the disk is the windows boot drive. Thanks.

    You could try using the utilities you have.

    You could get a copy of freeware, by going to alt.comp.freeware.
    You need to `image` the drive. In other words, an exact copy.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Mike245

    PC Guest

    "Mike245" <> wrote in message
    >I have a dying hard drive and usually use the utilities that come with a
    >new hard drive, but this time around Im copying a dying disk to another
    >used disk. Is there a good free utility which will do this? It must also
    >maintain the mbr as the disk is the windows boot drive. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Mike
    > Block Banner Ads Now
    > http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Either
    Use "Xcopy c:=\*.* d:./e/c/h/r/k" from a Command prompt (assumes C: is old
    drive, D: is target drive and target drive is partitioned and formated)
    or
    XXCopy from here http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm (free for personal use)

    Paul.
    PC, Jan 18, 2006