    reasonable job on 35mm slides? Thank you.

    Morton Klotz
    Placerville, California
    Morton Klotz, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Morton Klotz

    Guest

    I am not too unhappy with my HP ScanJet 5370C with the transparency
    adapter--it's tedious, but the results are "reasonable" for my
    purposes. Some output at:

    http://scienceteacher.biz/CaliDrive/index.htm

    I deliberately left these a bit sloppy in cropping & dust removal--

    Paul B.
    , Oct 18, 2005

  3. <> wrote in message
    >I am not too unhappy with my HP ScanJet 5370C with the transparency
    > adapter--it's tedious, but the results are "reasonable" for my
    > purposes. Some output at:

    I'll agree with that as I have the same scanner (is it still a current
    model?). Would not recommend it if you have a volume of work to do; as
    mentioned above, "tedious" is the operative word. Would also not recommend
    it if you have high-end expectations.
    Charles Schuler, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Morton Klotz

    bmoag Guest

    Epson 4180. I have a dedicated film scanner that does a better job, but if I
    had not seen the scans from the dedicated film scanner I would be satisfied
    with most of the 35mm scans from the 4180. Epson often has refurbished
    models on its web site for around $150 with the same as new warranty, which
    is how I got mine.
    bmoag, Oct 19, 2005
  5. Morton Klotz

    Bob Williams Guest

    Morton Klotz wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a good flat bed scanner that also does a
    > reasonable job on 35mm slides? Thank you.
    >
    > Morton Klotz
    > Placerville, California

    I have seen some excellent user reviews on the Canon 8400 for scanning
    slides.
    It sells for about $150
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Oct 19, 2005
  6. Morton Klotz

    Waldo Guest

    Bob Williams wrote:

    > Morton Klotz wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone suggest a good flat bed scanner that also does a
    >> reasonable job on 35mm slides? Thank you.
    >>
    >> Morton Klotz
    >> Placerville, California

    > I have seen some excellent user reviews on the Canon 8400 for scanning
    > slides.
    > It sells for about $150
    > Bob Williams

    I'll second that. I've had the 8400 for about three weeks
    now and am very pleased with the results. A great machine
    for its price.

    Waldo
    Waldo, Oct 19, 2005
  7. Gary Hendricks, Oct 19, 2005