    Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
    thanks, hj

    ______________________

    hugh jass, Oct 28, 2003

  2. hugh jass

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:01:38 -0500, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "hugh jass"
    <> wrote :

    >Can anyone recommend some good fax software that is, preferably, free?
    >Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
    >thanks, hj

    Don't know about,"good" but most PCI modem disks usually have some FAX
    software on them and although Basic windows comes with some IIRC.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Oct 28, 2003

  3. hugh jass

    Boomer Guest

    "hugh jass" <> wrote in

    > Can anyone recommend some good fax software that is, preferably,
    > free? Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
    > thanks, hj

    [snip the broken sig}

    I hope you aren't going to ask this in another 4 hours.

    Try WinFax PRO 10.0
    http://www.symantec.com/winfax/

    Boomer, Oct 28, 2003
  4. hugh jass

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 28, 2003
  5. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Since I got some replies this time, no I won't ask again in 4 hours. Maybe
    24, though. None of the replies were very helpful.
    Isn't winfax bloatware (it is by sementec, after all)?
    just the fax and mighty fax weren't worth a piss and neither was v3 call
    centre or faxamatic.
    I guess most fax software is crap.
    hj

    --
    ______________________
    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    : "hugh jass" <> wrote in
    : news:Vdjnb.2180$:
    :

    hugh jass, Oct 28, 2003
  6. hugh jass

    Peppa's Mum Guest

    In article <8Zxnb.5130
    $Tf.529205
    @news20.bellglobal.com>,

    says...
    Since I got some replies this time, no I won't ask again in 4 hours. Maybe
    24, though. None of the replies were very helpful.
    Isn't winfax bloatware (it is by sementec, after all)?
    just the fax and mighty fax weren't worth a piss and neither was v3 call
    centre or faxamatic.
    I guess most fax software is crap.
    hj

    I bought and use Hot Fax - works great for me and allows me to acquire attachments directly from my scanner.
    --
    Cheers!

    Peppa's Mum

    Peppa's Mum, Oct 28, 2003
  7. hugh jass

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Oct 29, 2003
  8. hugh jass

    scotthai

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hey
    Some of the best fax software I've used so far is called Fax Talk. It is about $129 so it is more on the expensive side, but if you are pissed that winFax is no longer supporting Vista and your company has upgraded to Vista, this is a good product in the fax software sector. The closest competitor is mightyFax but that is a cheap software bundle that is pretty buggy.

    I would go ahead and say use Fax Talk for your good fax software alternative to winFax.

    Hope this helps you pick you new fax software.

    scotthai, Jul 21, 2008