    Friday- well ahead of the scheduled transit time for their Express Saver
    service from California to Atlanta.

    Doc

    Doc, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Doc

    Greg Kamer Guest

    > Thanks for the recommendations on Newegg.com in California. I ordered a
    > Canon digital camera from them online and had a very positive experience.
    >
    > Good price; kept me fully posted by email on order processing progress;
    > shipped same day, responsive, friendly, competent customer service when I
    > had to call them about something; no hassles all around.
    >
    > FedEx came through too- camera ordered Wednesday afternoon and delivered
    > Friday- well ahead of the scheduled transit time for their Express Saver
    > service from California to Atlanta.
    >
    > Doc

    I can also cast my vote for Newegg.com..... I've made several order from
    them over the internet, and every single one was handled hassel free, with
    products arriving very quickly through FedEx a lot of times ahead of
    schedule. Great prices too. You might find a place that will save you a few
    bucks more, but I'm willing to pay the difference for the peace of mind I
    get dealing with a reputable company.......

    In fact, just last night placed an order for a new Kodak digital
    camera/printer docking station for my wife's Christmas present. Should have
    it in a few days. Now all I gotta do is keep it hidden for a few weeks....
    :)

    Greg Kamer, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Howdy

    I'd like to add one more vote for NewEgg.

    I've used them for some computer parts (HighPoint
    RAID controllers, Corsair memory), and they've
    been flawless.

    Stan

    Stanley Krute, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Doc

    vel Guest

    Not to knock them, everything said above is true -- but they have one
    flaw:

    Ordering memory cards, if one has a shipping charge of $4, and I buy
    two, I get charged $8 --- for shipping a half ounce of merchandise.

    This seems wrong.

    Vel

    vel, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Doc

    Ed Smith Guest

    One more vote for NewEgg.com. I received my 5700 this morning. Great camera
    and great service. And NO "the salesman has to call back for verification"
    so they can sell you more accessories. I will be ordering from them again
    for sure.
    Ed

    Ed Smith, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Doc

    Greg Kamer Guest

    "vel" <> wrote in message
    > Not to knock them, everything said above is true -- but they have one
    > flaw:
    >
    > Ordering memory cards, if one has a shipping charge of $4, and I buy
    > two, I get charged $8 --- for shipping a half ounce of merchandise.
    >
    > This seems wrong.
    >
    > Vel

    Vel,
    OK, I gotta give you that....... :)

    I ordered a digital camera and docking station both of which came with Free
    shipping. But I also ordered a carrying case of them. Alone, the shipping
    would have cost me $4.00. Not a bad price for FedEx shipping. But I'm sure
    it could not weigh all that much that they could not have thrown that in for
    free as well.....

    Greg Kamer, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Doc

    MG Guest

    "Ed Smith" <> wrote in message
    > One more vote for NewEgg.com. I received my 5700 this morning.

    Ordered a new Toshiba super laptop from them on Friday evening by internet.
    Paid for 1 day shipping and rush service for $2.99 extra. Received phone
    call on Saturday telling me the computer would be shipped Monday since no
    deliveries for Saturday and Sunday (which I knew). Got the computer nicely
    boxed with all accessories on Tuesday morning as expected. Shipping for the
    extra service was about $20.00 which I ordered instead of the free 5-6 day
    service.
    This was a good experience and deserving of good feedback. I will order
    from newegg again.

    MG

    MG, Nov 27, 2003
  8. Doc

    TigerMoon Guest

    (vel) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Not to knock them, everything said above is true -- but they have one
    > flaw:
    >
    > Ordering memory cards, if one has a shipping charge of $4, and I buy
    > two, I get charged $8 --- for shipping a half ounce of merchandise.
    >
    > This seems wrong.
    >
    > Vel

    I'm with you on this one. Though I have no serious complaints with
    NewEgg, I bought a 512mb CF card from them, and was charged $4 for
    shipping. The card was defective, so I had to return it. I had to pay
    the return freight as well. Now I know that's not unique to NewEgg,
    but it did piss me off that in the end, I had NO CF card, but had to
    pay freight both ways.
    TigerMoon

    TigerMoon, Nov 27, 2003