    Le Patriote Guest

    Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?

    tx

    Le Patriote, Nov 24, 2006

  2. "Le Patriote" <> wrote in message
    news:KoK9h.17866$...
    > Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?

    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (newsgroup)

    Charles Schuler, Nov 24, 2006

  3. Le Patriote

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <KoK9h.17866$>, Le Patriote
    <> wrote:

    > Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?
    >
    > tx

    Uhm, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems ?

    Ken Lucke, Nov 24, 2006
  4. Le Patriote

    Le Patriote Guest

    tx to both of you, but my stupid ISP doesnt have that group and I hate the
    Google Group UI.

    Le Patriote, Nov 24, 2006
  5. Le Patriote

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <DjL9h.17949$>, Le Patriote
    <> wrote:

    > tx to both of you, but my stupid ISP doesnt have that group and I hate the
    > Google Group UI.

    Doesn't have one of the Big-8 newsgroups? Videotron? You need a new
    newsserver, then.

    Try giganews, or one of the other paid-for usenet services. If you're
    only interested in the text groups (not downloading tons of stuff from
    the binary & warez groups), they can be quite reasonable. Giganews,
    for example, has a basic subscription that allows 2 GB of data
    downloads (unlimited uploads) per month for only $7.99 - that includes
    over 110,000 groups, 1200+ days of text group retention and 90 day
    binary group retention, and up to 10 simultaneous connections to any of
    their servers. They also even have a free 3-day trial.

    Also, you might call your own ISP and ask them politely why they don't
    carry one of the Big-8 groups that has passed the whole process of
    group creation process for said Big-8 (not a particularly easy or fast
    process, and involves RFDs, votes, and approval [see
    <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/>] ... as
    opposed to the anyone-can-make-a-group anarchy of alt.*), and therefore
    carries the implication that it is important enough to make a group for
    and so they could reasonably be expected to carry it. Many times an
    ISP will add a group or groups if asked to (especially a Big-8 text
    group). Overhead on the groups involved here is pretty flippin'
    minimal, and all they have to do is add the group name to a
    configuration file on their own server and it's there. Besides, from
    looking at the Path: in your headers, I think Videotron gets their feed
    from usenetserver.com, which _would_ carry it, all they'd have to do is
    enable it.

    Ken Lucke, Nov 25, 2006
  6. Le Patriote

    Pete D Guest

    > Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?
    >
    > tx

    I personally do not like the Dp Review forums other than to have a quick
    look accasionally, much better to use the newsgroup
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    You could try getting there via http://www.photography-forums.com/index.php

    Also http://www.shuttertalk.com/ is a nice group of photographers.

    Pete D, Nov 25, 2006
  7. Le Patriote

    U-Know-Who Guest

    > tx to both of you, but my stupid ISP doesnt have that group and I hate the
    > Google Group UI.

    Can you ask them to add it?

    U-Know-Who, Nov 25, 2006

    www.nikongear.com

    Dennis Pogson, Nov 25, 2006
  9. Le Patriote

    Mark B. Guest

    > Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?
    >
    > tx

    Fred Miranda forums:

    http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/

    Mark B., Nov 25, 2006
  10. Le Patriote

    Celcius Guest

    Celcius, Nov 25, 2006
  11. Le Patriote

    Le Patriote Guest

    Le Patriote, Nov 25, 2006
  12. Le Patriote

    Le Patriote Guest

    "Dennis Pogson" <> a écrit dans le message
    de news:gQU9h.27036$...
    > Le Patriote wrote:
    > > Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?
    > >
    > > tx

    > www.nikongear.com

    I try to avoid a "one brand forum", specificly filled with Nikonians.
    Weirdest people on earth.

    Even when I had a Nikon (my first DSLR), I tried to avoid all the "ikonian's
    forums.

    tx anyway

    Le Patriote, Nov 25, 2006
  13. Le Patriote

    Charlie Choc Guest

    On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:22:22 -0800, Ken Lucke <> wrote:

    >In article <DjL9h.17949$>, Le Patriote
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> tx to both of you, but my stupid ISP doesnt have that group and I hate the
    >> Google Group UI.

    >Doesn't have one of the Big-8 newsgroups? Videotron? You need a new
    >newsserver, then.

    Bellsouth just added it about a month ago, before that I had to use Google.
    --
    Charlie...
    http://www.chocphoto.com

    Charlie Choc, Nov 25, 2006
  14. Le Patriote

    joefoto Guest

    Le Patriote wrote:
    > Beside dpreview, anyone knows a good DSLR forum ?
    >
    > tx

    Though not exclusively DSLR, Ian Burley's DP Now is filled with good
    info, and Ian really knows his stuff

    http://www.dp-now.com

    Joe

    joefoto, Nov 26, 2006
  15. Le Patriote

    John Turco Guest

    Le Patriote wrote:

    > tx to both of you, but my stupid ISP doesnt have that group and I hate the
    > Google Group UI.

    Hello, Le Patriote:

    Here's a free NNTP news server, that I'm able to access, whenever my
    regular one (news.concentric.net) is down:

    freetext.usenetserver.com

    (It carries news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, incidentally.)

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Nov 28, 2006