    filled with adds and does not add anything to my knowledge.
    Do you know a high quality, in-depth magazine on digital photo?

    Regards Curt

    Curt, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Curt

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Browsing through the shelfs is frustrating at best, most magazines are
    > filled with adds and does not add anything to my knowledge.
    > Do you know a high quality, in-depth magazine on digital photo?
    >

    > Regards Curt

    While not a digital photo mag, Shutterbug has a lot of articles about
    digital photography. It is the best general photography magazine I've
    found.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Curt

    Frank ess Guest

    "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Browsing through the shelfs is frustrating at best, most magazines are
    > > filled with adds and does not add anything to my knowledge.
    > > Do you know a high quality, in-depth magazine on digital photo?
    > >

    > > Regards Curt

    > While not a digital photo mag, Shutterbug has a lot of articles about
    > digital photography. It is the best general photography magazine I've
    > found.

    You must acknowledge the difficulty of keeping a magazine afloat these days.
    Competition is rough, expenses are ever on the increase. Publishers just
    can't afford to feed all-meat diets to the carnivores, so you have to put up
    with a lot of avertisement and filler material to get even a few tidbits of
    nourishment.

    Unless you are a philanthropist, or on a list of a philanthropist's favored
    donees, so you can start and support a magazine to your own taste, pickings
    are slim. Even George got mouldy.

    Or, you can decide a forum like, oh, for instance, RPD, is the answer to
    your prayers. It isn't that hard to ignore the static and tune in to the
    program.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Curt

    Beowulf Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:15 -0500, Curt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Browsing through the shelfs is frustrating at best, most magazines are
    > filled with adds and does not add anything to my knowledge. Do you know
    > a high quality, in-depth magazine on digital photo?

    I just bought new premiere issue of a digital photo magazine today-- Digital
    Photo Pro. Looks nice, I might subscribe.

    Beowulf, Aug 30, 2003
  5. On 28 Aug 2003 23:33:15 -0700, (Curt) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Browsing through the shelfs is frustrating at best, most magazines are
    >filled with adds and does not add anything to my knowledge.
    >Do you know a high quality, in-depth magazine on digital photo?
    >

    >Regards Curt

    I find the OZZY one excellent and the are just quarterly

    Better Photography

    Better Digital

    Basic Digital

    Robert Mathews, Aug 30, 2003
  6. Curt

    Mark B. Guest

    "Beowulf" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:15 -0500, Curt wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Browsing through the shelfs is frustrating at best, most magazines are
    > > filled with adds and does not add anything to my knowledge. Do you know
    > > a high quality, in-depth magazine on digital photo?

    > I just bought new premiere issue of a digital photo magazine today--

    Digital
    > Photo Pro. Looks nice, I might subscribe.

    I'll second that...I did subscibe and just got the premiere issue. Looks
    like it's definitely geared toward advanced users.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 30, 2003
  7. Curt

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>, mbohntrash54
    @comcast.net says...

    > I'll second that...I did subscibe and just got the premiere issue. Looks
    > like it's definitely geared toward advanced users.
    >
    > Mark

    I just subscribed from their site. Have you seen this mag on newsstands
    anywhere? I searched for it at Books A Million's site and found nothing.
    I would love to pick up the premier issue without having to wait for
    mine in the mail.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Aug 30, 2003
  8. Curt

    Charles Guest

    In article <>, Todd
    Walker <> wrote:

    > I just subscribed from their site. Have you seen this mag on newsstands
    > anywhere? I searched for it at Books A Million's site and found nothing.
    > I would love to pick up the premier issue without having to wait for
    > mine in the mail.

    I saw it last night at a Borders bookstore in DC. It must have just
    came in there as it was not there a few nights ago.

    --
    Charles

    Charles, Aug 30, 2003
  9. Curt

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <300820031313139362%>,
    lid says...
    > In article <>, Todd
    > Walker <> wrote:
    >
    > > I just subscribed from their site. Have you seen this mag on newsstands
    > > anywhere? I searched for it at Books A Million's site and found nothing.
    > > I would love to pick up the premier issue without having to wait for
    > > mine in the mail.

    > I saw it last night at a Borders bookstore in DC. It must have just
    > came in there as it was not there a few nights ago.

    Thanks Charles. We don't have a Borders here but I'll keep an eye out
    elsewhere.

    --
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Aug 30, 2003