    Shaun.

    Nota bene: 'Return to' email is very rarely checked, if at all. It's spam
    city but is a req. of my NNTP providor.

    ~misfit~, Feb 13, 2010

  2. ~misfit~

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:02:47 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/en/product/M7810
    >
    >I hit the credit card for two yesterday. I already had surge protection on
    >my computers and AV gear but not on my antenna wire and phone line (and
    >they're at opposite ends of the house).
    >
    >Seemed like a good deal to me. I've looked at these before but they were
    >~$100 each then.

    Thanks for the heads-up on this. I was able to snap one up online at
    what is a great price.

    After our MySky hard drive malfunction (probably caused by all the
    power fluctuations and failures we have in Northland) I wanted to get
    one of these for the new MySky box, and television and DVD recorder
    we're currently looking for.

    Donchano, Feb 13, 2010

  3. ~misfit~

    Nighthawk Guest

    <> wrote:

    >http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/en/product/M7810
    >
    >I hit the credit card for two yesterday. I already had surge protection on
    >my computers and AV gear but not on my antenna wire and phone line (and
    >they're at opposite ends of the house).
    >
    >Seemed like a good deal to me. I've looked at these before but they were
    >~$100 each then.

    What is their clamping speed? I can't see that in the specs. I have
    one here which is less than 1 nanosecond. Many are stated as less
    than 20 nanoseconds.

    Nighthawk, Feb 13, 2010
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Nighthawk wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:02:47 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/en/product/M7810
    >>
    >> I hit the credit card for two yesterday. I already had surge
    >> protection on my computers and AV gear but not on my antenna wire
    >> and phone line (and they're at opposite ends of the house).
    >>
    >> Seemed like a good deal to me. I've looked at these before but they
    >> were ~$100 each then.

    > What is their clamping speed? I can't see that in the specs. I have
    > one here which is less than 1 nanosecond. Many are stated as less
    > than 20 nanoseconds.

    Mate, I'm in unfamiliar waters with this question. From the leaflet that
    came with it outlining the claims process for the Attached Equipment
    Warranty I find a 'Specifications section with this:

    Normal - 710V
    Mode - 1,300 Joules
    Active-neutral - 40,000 Amps.
    Clamp voltage @ 400A 8/20uS impulse energy rating, 8/20uS impulse current
    rating.

    Common mode - 790V
    Active - 700 Joules
    +Neutral-Earth - 20,000 Amps
    Clamp voltage @ 200A 8/20uS impulse energy rating, 8/20uS impulse current
    rating.

    Total Telecoms - 1,025V
    Surge Protection - 64 Joules
    MOV rating - 2,400 Amps
    Clamp voltage @ 10A 2mS impulse energy rating, 8/20uS impulse current
    rating.

    Coaxial - 700V
    Protection Gas Arrester Rating - 5,000 Amps
    Maximum 1kV/uS sparkover voltage, 8/20uS impulse current rating.

    HTH,

    ~misfit~, Feb 13, 2010