    4. ?

    What is the rest ? :)

    Thanks guys!

    S. Voigt, Dec 14, 2003

  2. In article <3fdcea5e$>,
    S. Voigt <> wrote:
    >Hi guys,
    >
    >what is a good book that explains the whole DDR/Backup/WAN/Dial-In|Out
    >environments ?
    >
    >I also heard that there are 4 DDR Methods (Dialer Profiles)
    >
    >1. dialer map
    >2. dialer interfaces
    >3. ?
    >4. ?
    >
    >What is the rest ? :)
    >
    >Thanks guys!

    Depends upon how you count them... you might find chapter 4 of my book
    (High Availability Networking with Cisco) a good overview if you're
    not willing to spend time on www.cisco.com... While it is a bit dated,
    you might also find the white paper "Using Dial-on-Demand Routing to
    Trigger Backup Links on Cisco Routers" of interest.

    FWIW: in my book, I discuss three approaches to dial backup: backup
    interface, dial on demand (DDR), and dialer watch. In the Cisco world,
    there are also two architectural approaches to configuring dialers:
    legacy dialing and dialer profiles. You could also distinguish between
    ISDN and Asynchronous, but then you're splitting hairs.

    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Dec 16, 2003