    Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
    they state they will refund.
    Anyone had this situation?

    Maurice Hood, Oct 4, 2006

  2. "Maurice Hood" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anybody used Pixmania?
    > What is your impression?
    > Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
    > they state they will refund.
    > Anyone had this situation?

    Don't think you need to worry about duty since (afaik) the goods are sent
    from a UK address. But often the manuals/installation software (if present)
    is in non-English languages. There are English versions provide for download
    but in the case of a printer I purchased from them recently the setup.exe
    was not present on the web and I had to manually install all of the
    components myself.

    This might worry you or not.

    Roger

    Roger Matthews, Oct 4, 2006

  3. Maurice Hood

    Roy G Guest

    > Anybody used Pixmania?
    > What is your impression?
    > Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
    > they state they will refund.
    > Anyone had this situation?

    Try putting them into Google and work through hits until you find the
    comments from real customers.

    Not quite so impressive then.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Oct 4, 2006
  4. Maurice Hood wrote:
    > Anybody used Pixmania?

    Yes.

    > What is your impression?

    Not good.
    They were cheap.
    They shipped later than promised.
    The delivery label had come off the package, and it was only by opening
    the package that the local TNT found my address....

    > Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty,
    > but they state they will refund.
    > Anyone had this situation?

    No duty, but a French manual and mains plug (the latter was an advantage
    for European travel, the former required a PDF download of the English
    version).

    At the time, they were the only people with the Panasonic FZ5 in stock,
    and I wanted one fairly quickly (to allow a good time to test it and
    familiarise myself with the camera before going to Barcelona for the F1
    Grand Prix motor race). I would look at other suppliers first next time.
    The camera itself has been fine, by the way, and I have been very pleased
    with it.

    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 4, 2006
  5. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Oct 4, 2006
  6. Maurice Hood

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Maurice Hood wrote:

    > Anybody used Pixmania?
    > What is your impression?
    > Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
    > they state they will refund.
    > Anyone had this situation?

    I have heard absolute horror stories about delivery etc. Also i think
    stories about some manuals only being in french, lousy customer care
    etc. I only once tried to order something from their website which
    took me ages t select and after going through the process was finally
    informed by phone that it was out of stock.
    --
    Paul (why dont you call me i feel like flying in two)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Oct 4, 2006
  7. Maurice Hood bedacht in news:0f0f92adb04927c2bc5e4a08840cfea2.126261
    @mygate.mailgate.org:

    > Anybody used Pixmania?
    > What is your impression?
    > Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
    > they state they will refund.
    > Anyone had this situation?

    My experience: No problems, very quick delivery, manual in French.

    JL

    Justus Lipsius, Oct 7, 2006