    money...

    Beaware of these exam seekers!

    , Aug 31, 2007

  2. Briscobar Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    <snip>

    Go to www.certguard.com and let them know. Maybe they already know about it,
    maybe it's a misunderstanding, maybe they're really idots. Who knows. But
    they're good about keeping on top of the shady characters that infest the IT
    world.

    Briscobar, Aug 31, 2007

  3. well i kinda agree but microsoft ask some kinda crazy questions in
    order to conquer an enemy you must know so even if they copied them its
    a big help and the variety of questions

    =?Utf-8?B?cmViZGQ=?=, Aug 31, 2007
  4. TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day did cause the electrons to
    come together and form the following words:

    > I am shocked that ucertify is cheating its customers!
    > I had recently bought ucertify prepkit for Cert-70-620,MSCert: TS:
    > Configuring Windows® Vista Client.
    >
    > They had just copied from Transcender...and microsoft sites.

    FWIW, here's what www.certguard.com had to say about it:

    "Unethical Behavior - Handle with care!! Unethical sites have been
    reported by other members of the community and have a bad reputation for
    either cheating people out of their hard earned money, or not delivering
    on the services they promise. Again, beware!!"

    A quick google revealed only one other recent spefic complaint.

    Two questions. If you already have Transcender, why did you buy another
    practice test? And how would you know they copied from Microsoft?

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Aug 31, 2007
  5. "" <> wrote in message

    > Hello!
    > I am shocked that ucertify is cheating its customers!
    > I had recently bought ucertify prepkit for Cert-70-620,MSCert: TS:
    > Configuring WindowsR Vista Client.
    >
    > They had just copied from Transcender...and microsoft sites.
    >
    > Why invest your money on ucertify.These cheaters should be brought to
    > book.They have some un certified professionals who just copy and coin
    > money...
    >
    > Beaware of these exam seekers!
    >
    > Ucertify should be certified in cheating.

    Although many people have commented negatively about their products,
    your statements accusing them of being cheaters are unjustified. You
    stated that they "just copied" from other PTPs. This is the case for
    many companies in certification practice tests and study guide business.
    In many ways, these companies are all tied together. It would be
    cheating if they sold actual exam questions to individuals. At most,
    they may be in violation of copyright infringement if your claim proves
    to be true.

    Understand I am not taking a different side with your opinion concerning
    uCertify. Personally I have not used or evaluated their products --
    despite requests from the company.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 31, 2007
  6. "Briscobar" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    >
    > Go to www.certguard.com and let them know. Maybe they already know about it,
    > maybe it's a misunderstanding, maybe they're really idots. Who knows. But
    > they're good about keeping on top of the shady characters that infest the IT
    > world.

    Thanks Briscobar we've got them listed as Unethical, for a couple reasons.

    See this: http://www.certguard.com/search.asp?Site=Ucertify.com&getSite=Search

    #1, They've been banned from well known Forums in the recent months because of
    their spamming tactics.
    #2, We've also received other reports from individuals about similar issues.

    I suggest that these individuals contact one of the following (or all of them)
    to properly document their complaints...otherwise, all they're doing is blowing
    hot air.

    Better Business Bureau
    http://www.bbb.com/

    Internet Crime Complaint Center
    http://www.ic3.gov/

    Federal Trade Commission - Bureau of Consumer Protection
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm

    Personally, I wouldn't put it past uCertify to actually have created those
    sock-puppets to increase their presence in here and to get people to talking
    about them.

    BAD Publicity is still Publicity.

    --
    CertGuard
    http://www.certguard.com

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Sep 5, 2007
  7. "TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > And on the eigth day did cause the electrons to
    > come together and form the following words:
    >
    >> I am shocked that ucertify is cheating its customers!
    >> I had recently bought ucertify prepkit for Cert-70-620,MSCert: TS:
    >> Configuring Windows® Vista Client.
    >>
    >> They had just copied from Transcender...and microsoft sites.

    > FWIW, here's what www.certguard.com had to say about it:
    >
    > "Unethical Behavior - Handle with care!! Unethical sites have been
    > reported by other members of the community and have a bad reputation for
    > either cheating people out of their hard earned money, or not delivering
    > on the services they promise. Again, beware!!"
    >
    > A quick google revealed only one other recent spefic complaint.
    >
    > Two questions. If you already have Transcender, why did you buy another
    > practice test? And how would you know they copied from Microsoft?
    >
    > -------
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL

    In relation to this, I added a Blog to CertGuard about reporting Fraud. If
    anyone has other links to reporting agencies or maybe more information on what
    is done after the complaint is filed, I'd like some input.

    http://blog.certguard.com/blog/?p=26

    There are no registration/login requirements for the blog and it can be done
    Anonymously.

    Thanks,

    --
    CertGuard
    http://blog.certguard.com

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Sep 5, 2007
  8. PAJ Guest

    On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:41:55 -0500, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    <Newsgroups@> wrote:

    >Personally, I wouldn't put it past uCertify to actually have created those
    >sock-puppets to increase their presence in here and to get people to talking
    >about them.
    >
    >BAD Publicity is still Publicity.

    The majority of posts are from certguard.

    --
    Thx.
    Paul

    PAJ, Sep 6, 2007
  9. "PAJ" <> wrote in message

    > On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:41:55 -0500, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    > <Newsgroups@> wrote:
    >
    > >Personally, I wouldn't put it past uCertify to actually have created those
    > >sock-puppets to increase their presence in here and to get people to talking
    > >about them.
    > >
    > >BAD Publicity is still Publicity.

    > The majority of posts are from certguard.
    >
    > --
    > Thx.
    > Paul
    > Drop MBLOSSOM to email.

    Vague. What's your point?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 6, 2007
  10. "PAJ" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:41:55 -0500, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    > <Newsgroups@> wrote:
    >
    >>Personally, I wouldn't put it past uCertify to actually have created those
    >>sock-puppets to increase their presence in here and to get people to talking
    >>about them.
    >>
    >>BAD Publicity is still Publicity.

    > The majority of posts are from certguard.
    >
    > --
    > Thx.
    > Paul
    > Drop MBLOSSOM to email.

    Ok, I'm bored, I'll bite.

    Prove it!
    --
    CertGuard

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Sep 6, 2007
  11. PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 13:10:00 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
    Inc.]" <> wrote:

    >"PAJ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:41:55 -0500, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    >> <Newsgroups@> wrote:

    >> >BAD Publicity is still Publicity.

    >> The majority of posts are from certguard.

    >Vague. What's your point?

    ?
    What's not to understand?

    Certguard are the ones giving the most 'BAD Publicity"

    PAJ, Sep 6, 2007
  12. PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:32:17 -0500, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    <Newsgroups@> wrote:

    >"PAJ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The majority of posts are from certguard.
    >>

    >Ok, I'm bored, I'll bite.
    >
    >Prove it!

    ?
    Simple math will suffice.
    Prior to my last post in reply to Michael there were 10 posts in this
    thread. 5 of them posted by Certguard. And 1 posted by a Certguard
    'promoter'. So 6 posts from certguard. Which leaves 4 posts by
    non-Certguard posters.

    Even if we do not count the 1 post from the Certguard promoter as being
    from Certguard, we are still left with a 50/50 split of posts from
    Certguard and posts from individuals.

    There's your proof!

    Get it now?

    PAJ, Sep 6, 2007
  13. "PAJ" <> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:32:17 -0500, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    > <Newsgroups@> wrote:
    >
    > >"PAJ" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> The majority of posts are from certguard.
    > >>

    > >Ok, I'm bored, I'll bite.
    > >
    > >Prove it!

    > ?
    > Simple math will suffice.
    > Prior to my last post in reply to Michael there were 10 posts in this
    > thread. 5 of them posted by Certguard. And 1 posted by a Certguard
    > 'promoter'. So 6 posts from certguard. Which leaves 4 posts by
    > non-Certguard posters.
    >
    > Even if we do not count the 1 post from the Certguard promoter as being
    > from Certguard, we are still left with a 50/50 split of posts from
    > Certguard and posts from individuals.
    >
    > There's your proof!
    >
    > Get it now?

    You cannot have it both ways. You listed 2 possible scenarios. One where
    CertGuard, Inc. posted 6 and one where the posts were even. If you
    choose the first scenario, you will notice that a majority, if not all,
    were responses to posts concerning uCertify -- not initiated by
    CertGuard, Inc.. In your second scenario (and btw, the correct one), we
    are even in posts. Meaning that your original claim in "the majority of
    posts are from certguard" is false. Either way, I am not sure anyone
    cares. Thanks for playing anyway.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 6, 2007
  14. kpg* Guest

    > Either way, I am not sure anyone cares.

    I know I don't.

    kpg*, Sep 6, 2007
  15. PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 20:57:34 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
    Inc.]" <> wrote:

    >In your second scenario (and btw, the correct one), we
    >are even in posts. Meaning that your original claim in "the majority of
    >posts are from certguard" is false. Either way, I am not sure anyone
    >cares. Thanks for playing anyway.

    Errr, No. Sorry but you lose.
    50/50 split - individual(s)/certguard
    Certguard are the majority here no matter how you try and 'spin' it.

    Before I posted to the thread there were 3 posts from Certguard and 4
    from individuals, 2 of which were certguard 'promoters'.
    So lets call this a 3:2:2 split with Certguard again posting the most.

    I would not even have posted to this thread if it were not a Certguard
    comment about 'publicity', when certguard are the masters of that
    (self-publicity, bordering on span at that).

    PAJ, Sep 6, 2007
  16. "kpg*" <> wrote in message

    > > Either way, I am not sure anyone cares.

    > I know I don't.

    And that brother is all that matters to me! :)

    K33p1n' i7 r3@l 4 kpg,
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 6, 2007
  17. PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:05:15 -0700, "kpg*" <> wrote:

    >> Either way, I am not sure anyone cares.

    >I know I don't.

    Me neither.

    PAJ, Sep 6, 2007
  18. "PAJ" <> wrote in message

    > I would not even have posted to this thread if it were not a Certguard
    > comment about 'publicity', when certguard are the masters of that
    > (self-publicity, bordering on span at that).

    Whew. As long as we are "bordering on span" -- whatever that is.

    BTW: Self-publicity is called MARKETING. However, I would like to think
    of it as EDUCATING -- as I am sure a majority of people visiting this
    group would agree with.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 6, 2007
  19. "PAJ" <> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:05:15 -0700, "kpg*" <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Either way, I am not sure anyone cares.

    > >I know I don't.

    > Me neither.

    Then please, HELP or MOVE ON.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 6, 2007
  20. PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 21:48:02 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
    Inc.]" <> wrote:

    >"PAJ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I would not even have posted to this thread if it were not a Certguard
    >> comment about 'publicity', when certguard are the masters of that
    >> (self-publicity, bordering on span at that).

    >Whew. As long as we are "bordering on span" -- whatever that is.

    Yawn. A typo. Obvious to all but the very dumb.

    PAJ, Sep 6, 2007