Good CHEAP Intel Chipset 478 Socket MoBo.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Only found this one so far

    Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478

    Requirements are


    P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots



    Its not for me..
     
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Aspiringpsychopath

    EMB Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >
    > Only found this one so far
    >
    > Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >
    > Requirements are
    >
    >
    > P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >
    >
    >
    > Its not for me..


    Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
    me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644

    Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.

    --
    EMB
     
    EMB, Dec 8, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Aspiringpsychopath

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
    <> wrote:

    >
    >
    >Only found this one so far
    >
    >Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >
    >Requirements are
    >
    >
    >P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >
    >
    >
    >Its not for me..
    >

    Time for another upgrade then? What's that, your 4th board this week?
     
    Invisible, Dec 8, 2004
    #3
  4. In article <> in nz.comp on
    Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath <>
    says...
    >
    >
    > Only found this one so far
    >
    > Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >
    > Requirements are
    >
    >
    > P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >
    >
    >
    > Its not for me..


    Elitegroup = PC Chips = CRap(TM), right up your street
     
    Patrick Dunford, Dec 8, 2004
    #4
  5. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>
    >> Only found this one so far
    >>
    >> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >>
    >> Requirements are
    >>
    >>
    >> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Its not for me..

    >
    >Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
    >me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644
    >
    >Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.


    The Chap wishes to upgrade to a faster CPU at the Minimum costs, I have a P4
    2.4c for sale so that will save him heaps..

    The onboard 865G Intel chip sets Board do not have DVI outs even thought the
    chip set supports it..

    A mate has a nForce 2 mobo the first one was U/S and not to happy with the
    Pro version that they gave him in replacement, plus most only give 12 months
    warrantee.

    Plus here will Only deal with a local dealer in Wellington.
     
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004
    #5
  6. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>
    >> Only found this one so far
    >>
    >> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >>
    >> Requirements are
    >>
    >>
    >> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Its not for me..

    >
    >Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
    >me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644
    >
    >Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.


    Thanks..


    You link to a MoBo with a 865GV Chipset, well Intel list it as having No AGP
    slot, but that picture shows a AGP Slot.

    But it seems that its Asus special feature.


    "Worldwide Patent - ASRock A.G.I.8X
    A gift for VGA upgrade on i865GV "


    Intel Info no AGP

    http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865GV/


    But this one doses

    http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865g/index.htm
     
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004
    #6
  7. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:50:24 +1300, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>Only found this one so far
    >>
    >>Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >>
    >>Requirements are
    >>
    >>
    >>P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>Its not for me..
    >>

    >Time for another upgrade then? What's that, your 4th board this week?
    >





    READ Dumbo


    >>Its not for me..
    >>
     
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004
    #7
  8. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>
    >> Only found this one so far
    >>
    >> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >>
    >> Requirements are
    >>
    >>
    >> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Its not for me..

    >
    >Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
    >me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644




    Well Pricespy does not list it as I have just checked


    Here is the current list

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_4023.html


    >Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.
     
    Robert Mathews, Dec 8, 2004
    #8
  9. Aspiringpsychopath

    Gurble Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:03:27 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
    <> had this to say:

    >
    >
    >Only found this one so far
    >
    >Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >
    >Requirements are
    >
    >
    >P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots
    >
    >
    >
    >Its not for me..
    >


    Elitegroup is Crap(TM). (We replace several each week, mainly from PC
    Co machines that would still be under warranty).
     
    Gurble, Dec 8, 2004
    #9
  10. Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > Elitegroup = PC Chips = CRap(TM), right up your street


    Although I understand why others might think that ECS/Elitegroup/PC
    Chips are crap, I havent had any hassle with my mobo, that has now been
    running quite happily for the last 3 years.
     
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
    #10
  11. Gurble wrote:
    > Elitegroup is Crap(TM). (We replace several each week, mainly from PC
    > Co machines that would still be under warranty).


    matter of experience... I've had nothing but good ones with them, but I
    understand that they have been fairly crap in general.
     
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
    #11
  12. Aspiringpsychopath

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Only found this one so far
    >>>
    >>> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >>>
    >>> Requirements are
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI
    >>> slots
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Its not for me..

    >>
    >> Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It
    >> took
    >> me 30 seconds to find
    >> http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644
    >>
    >> Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and
    >> stays cool.

    >
    > The Chap wishes to upgrade to a faster CPU at the Minimum costs, I
    > have a P4
    > 2.4c for sale so that will save him heaps..


    So this person is not only willing to buy the shittiest mobo on the market
    he's also willing to buy your second-hand CPU that you tried to run in a
    board that wasn't designed for it? (Because, mainframe engineer and computer
    scientist extrordinaire that you are, you bought incompatible components).
    There's one born every day.

    BTW......

    <plonk>
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Dec 9, 2004
    #12
  13. On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:08:51 +1300, "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:09:48 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Only found this one so far
    >>>>
    >>>> Elitegroup 865PE-A Socket 478
    >>>>
    >>>> Requirements are
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI
    >>>> slots
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Its not for me..
    >>>
    >>> Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It
    >>> took
    >>> me 30 seconds to find
    >>> http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644
    >>>
    >>> Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and
    >>> stays cool.

    >>
    >> The Chap wishes to upgrade to a faster CPU at the Minimum costs, I
    >> have a P4
    >> 2.4c for sale so that will save him heaps..

    >
    >So this person is not only willing to buy the shittiest mobo on the market
    >he's also willing to buy your second-hand CPU that you tried to run in a
    >board that wasn't designed for it? (Because, mainframe engineer and computer
    >scientist extrordinaire that you are, you bought incompatible components).
    >There's one born every day.
    >
    > BTW......
    >
    ><plonk>




    Do you understand what you have posted, because I can't, please translate, I
    am not into gobbledy gook.
     
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 9, 2004
    #13
  14. Aspiringpsychopath

    EMB Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath (Woger) wrote:

    > I am not into gobbledy gook.


    ROTFLMAO - that may yet be the funniest posting for 2004.

    --
    EMB
     
    EMB, Dec 9, 2004
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. HamMan

    Socket 7 to Socket A Adapter

    HamMan, Jul 10, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    834
    Shep©
    Jul 10, 2003
  2. Arawak
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    416
    Arawak
    Mar 4, 2006
  3. Archiver
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    569
    Rob J
    Jun 2, 2005
  4. thingy
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    352
    thingy
    Mar 21, 2007
  5. Richard

    Socket 478 and 2 pci express slots?

    Richard, Jul 28, 2007, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    323
    Richard
    Jul 29, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page