good cheap dual head card

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Adder, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. Adder

    Adder Guest

    Adder, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Adder wrote:
    > e.g. radeon 7000
    > http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/productInfo2.asp?pcode=VID001
    >
    > Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
    > AGP slot.
    > this one is about $129
    > what other options are their

    it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
    I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
    the best, but no good for games.
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Adder

    Daniel Guest

    Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:

    > it depnds on what it's going to be used for.

    Agreed. What are you going to use it for?
    Daniel, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Adder

    Benji Thorn Guest

    I use a KVM switch with 2 computers but one monitor, does that mean I
    have a half head card? ;-)

    drunk too much

    lol

    Benji Thorn, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Adder

    Daniel Guest

    Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Adder wrote:
    >
    >> e.g. radeon 7000
    >> http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/productInfo2.asp?pcode=VID001
    >>
    >> Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card
    >> presume AGP slot. this one is about $129
    >> what other options are their

    > it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
    > I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
    > the best, but no good for games.

    Hi Dave,

    Does the G450 have a VGA-->S-Video cable, and DVD playing software?

    Cheers,
    Daniel
    Daniel, Feb 25, 2005
  6. Daniel wrote:
    >>> e.g. radeon 7000
    >>> http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/productInfo2.asp?pcode=VID001
    >>> Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card
    >>> presume AGP slot. this one is about $129
    >>> what other options are their

    >> it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
    >> I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one
    >> of the best, but no good for games.

    > Does the G450 have a VGA-->S-Video cable, and DVD playing software?

    nope, and no idea.
    so it's going to be used to play DVDs... what else?
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 25, 2005
  7. Adder

    Daniel Guest

    Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> Does the G450 have a VGA-->S-Video cable, and DVD playing software?

    > nope, and no idea.
    > so it's going to be used to play DVDs... what else?

    Nothing much else really. Just play MPEG2 (possibly MPEG4) stuff through
    a TV.
    Daniel, Feb 25, 2005
  8. Adder

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on Fri, 25 Feb
    2005 12:58:46 +1300, Dave - dave.net.nz <> says...
    > Adder wrote:
    > > e.g. radeon 7000
    > > http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/productInfo2.asp?pcode=VID001
    > >
    > > Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
    > > AGP slot.
    > > this one is about $129
    > > what other options are their

    > it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
    > I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
    > the best, but no good for games.

    onlyneeds to display powerpoint etc
    no need for ganes
    Adder, Feb 25, 2005
  9. Adder

    Daniel Guest

    Adder wrote:
    > In article <> in nz.comp on Fri, 25 Feb
    > 2005 12:58:46 +1300, Dave - dave.net.nz <> says...
    >
    >>Adder wrote:
    >>
    >>>e.g. radeon 7000
    >>>http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/productInfo2.asp?pcode=VID001
    >>>
    >>>Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
    >>>AGP slot.
    >>>this one is about $129
    >>>what other options are their

    >>it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
    >>I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
    >>the best, but no good for games.

    > onlyneeds to display powerpoint etc
    > no need for ganes

    In that case, get this one:-
    http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/productInfo2.asp?pcode=VID010
    Daniel, Feb 25, 2005
  10. Adder wrote:
    >>it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
    >>I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
    >>the best, but no good for games.

    > onlyneeds to display powerpoint etc
    > no need for ganes

    then it would be fine.
    or for that matter, most would be fine.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 25, 2005
  11. Adder

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Dave - dave.net.nz" <> wrote in news:38781mF5io2g0U1
    @individual.net:

    > I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
    > the best, but no good for games.

    When it has latest bios and drivers, it is a great card. Early ones had
    very crap bios in them, lots of problems. I think they are AGP 4x cards.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Feb 25, 2005