  1. I'm looking for a good cheap (under $300US) digital camera for
    snapshots that also has a decent macro mode. I'm just starting so I
    don't need anything to fancy. Any ideas?
    Rob Kirschenbaum, May 22, 2004

  2. Rob Kirschenbaum

    Ken Anderson Guest

    "Rob Kirschenbaum" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking for a good cheap (under $300US) digital camera for
    > snapshots that also has a decent macro mode. I'm just starting so I
    > don't need anything to fancy. Any ideas?

    I think the Nikon Coolpix 3700 gets real close, plus it's a great price right
    now.
    Ken Anderson, May 22, 2004

  3. Rob Kirschenbaum

    zeitgeist Guest

    You can probably find a G2, 4mp, all the various auto functions plus manual,
    good lens.

    zeitgeist, May 23, 2004
  4. Rob Kirschenbaum

    Krow Guest

    Rob Kirschenbaum wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good cheap (under $300US) digital camera for
    > snapshots that also has a decent macro mode. I'm just starting so I
    > don't need anything to fancy. Any ideas?

    I just got an Olympus D-540 Zoom.

    Focussing ranges according to specs are:

    Normal mode: (20cm – 50cm)
    Macro mode: 8" – 20" (0.2m – 0.5m)
    Super Macro Mode: 0.8" – 8" (0.02m – 0.2m)

    Check it out at:

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product_lobbypage.asp?l=1&p=16&bc=1&product=954&fl=4

    Have only had it for a few days. So far, for the price (~$280 CDN), I'm
    extremely impressed with it.
    Krow, May 23, 2004