    in or near central London ?
    Myles

    (Remove 123 from email address)
    Myles, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Myles

    Val Sharp Guest

    Myles, on 07/09/03 12:19, wrote:

    > Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
    > in or near central London ?

    Jessops is an excellent shop, and the last I heard, they were still
    'price matching' with reputable internet sites, so you can get the
    best of both worlds ... competitive prices and good customer service
    from a real shop.

    When I bought my A40 last year, it was out of stock in Jessops. So,
    armed with my printouts of prices from internet sites, I tried the
    local Canon dealer, and he readily price-matched too. It doesn't hurt
    to ask.

    --
    Regards,
    Val Sharp - Edinburgh
    Val Sharp, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Myles

    Myles Guest

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:58:38 +0100, Val Sharp <>
    wrote:

    >Myles, on 07/09/03 12:19, wrote:
    >

    >> Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
    >> in or near central London ?

    >Jessops is an excellent shop, and the last I heard, they were still
    >'price matching' with reputable internet sites, so you can get the
    >best of both worlds ... competitive prices and good customer service
    >from a real shop.
    >
    >When I bought my A40 last year, it was out of stock in Jessops. So,
    >armed with my printouts of prices from internet sites, I tried the
    >local Canon dealer, and he readily price-matched too. It doesn't hurt
    >to ask.
    >

    >--
    >Regards,
    >Val Sharp - Edinburgh
    > Photo Galleries ... <www.pbase.com/valsharp>
    > A40 Information ... <www.valsphotography.co.uk/information>

    Thanks. I had heard that Jessops no longer price matches the web. But
    it's still a good shop.
    Myles (Glasgow :)-) )

    Myles, Sep 9, 2003
  4. (Myles) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Any suggestions for digital camera shops with competitive prices ---
    > in or near central London ?
    > Myles

    my favorite camera shops in London are near Holborn Tube station:

    Jessops on Oxford Street a few steps before it becomes Holborn
    Jacobs, right opposite of Jessops
    York camera opposite of the British museum for Canon users

    http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/ for Nikon friends

    and of course there is loads on Tottenham court road if you're into
    consumer level cameras rather than SLR
    Bernhard Mayer, Sep 9, 2003