Good Books/Study Guides

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Troy, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Troy

    Troy Guest

    Greetings,

    Getting ready to embark on the quest for the MCSD.
    However, I am not sure of the proper tools... I have seen
    a lot of books covering the subjects in the MCSD, however,
    I have also heard a lot of reviews that stated some books
    didn't even cover what was really on the test. Can
    anybody recommend a good set of books? Or does anybody
    know the most popular books? I was thinking about the book
    (s) below. Thanks for any help!

    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core
    Requirements, Exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-
    310, 70-320, and 70-300
    by Microsoft Corporation

    Price: $118.99

    Regards,
    Troy
    Troy, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Troy

    Chris Lowth Guest

    Troy wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Getting ready to embark on the quest for the MCSD.
    > However, I am not sure of the proper tools... I have seen
    > a lot of books covering the subjects in the MCSD, however,
    > I have also heard a lot of reviews that stated some books
    > didn't even cover what was really on the test. Can
    > anybody recommend a good set of books? Or does anybody
    > know the most popular books? I was thinking about the book
    > (s) below. Thanks for any help!
    >
    > MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core
    > Requirements, Exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-
    > 310, 70-320, and 70-300
    > by Microsoft Corporation
    >
    > Price: $118.99
    >
    > Regards,
    > Troy

    One quite good way to find the "most popular books" on any topic is to use
    Amazon.com's popularity searches.

    As a general starting point you could use.
    http://www.lowth.com/books/tops/

    To get MCSD-specfic try
    http://www.lowth.com/books/browse/mcsd

    For a given exam code, stick the exam code on the end of the URL, like
    this..
    http://www.lowth.com/books/browse/mcsd/70-305

    Hope this helps.

    Chris
    --
    Real address: chris at lowth dot sea oh em.
    World's first wrist-watch PDA with Palm OS, exclusively
    Chris Lowth, Jul 14, 2003