    good common sense advices that are proven from real network/scenarions. I
    just don't want to reinvent wheel here.

    thanks,
    jmiklo, Nov 24, 2004

  2. jmiklo

    SysAdm Guest

    SysAdm, Nov 25, 2004

  3. jmiklo

    Ben Guest

    SysAdm wrote:
    > "jmiklo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>I am looking for some really good books that are about tips&tricks for
    >>designing ISPs networks.

    > <SNIP>
    >
    >>thanks,

    > http://www.sun.com/books/catalog/nguyen.xml?section=Preface
    >
    > SysAdm

    The Cisco press books (www.ciscopress.com) 'Internet Routing
    Architectures' and 'MPLS and VPN Architectures' are pretty much bibles.
    There's quite a few other useful ones too.
    Ben, Nov 25, 2004
  4. jmiklo

    jmiklo Guest

    > http://www.sun.com/books/catalog/nguyen.xml?section=Preface
    >
    > SysAdm

    Hi,
    I skimmed this book but it largely deals with servers/services, datacenters
    with only minor reference on network related stuff. Am I wrong ?
    I am interested in case studies, best practices purely concerning network
    design, not server boxes.
    There are new (not so new) technologies like MPLS/VPN, different access
    methods like wireless, xDSL etc that changed the way how POPs are designed:
    routing, redundancy, different services. That is what I am interested.

    thanks,
    jmiklo, Nov 25, 2004