    Guest Guest

    Which books and other resorces are good for exam 70-229.
    Thanks
    Guest, Jul 22, 2004

  2. >Which books and other resorces are good for exam 70-229.

    BOL, MSDN, Inside SQL Server, SQL Server Magazine are great. However
    the best reference book for the exam is Professional SQL Server 2000
    Programming. I bought the first edition (not sure if there was a
    second) back 2001 and found it excellent.

    Avoid the ms press training guides.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Guest

    mattp Guest

    I just took it last week. I studied with the MS Press
    (which was fairly good) and the measureup. I got a 100 and
    98 on my last two measureup exams but didn't pass. The
    test was nothing like the measureup.

    mattp, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Guest

    Eric Guest

    mattp wrote:

    > I just took it last week. I studied with the MS Press
    > (which was fairly good) and the measureup. I got a 100 and
    > 98 on my last two measureup exams but didn't pass. The
    > test was nothing like the measureup.

    Did you study all of the possible answers, and not just the "right"
    answers? You learn a lot by studying why the wrong answers are wrong.
    Sometimes more than 1 answer is right, but one is "more right".

    You do yourself a disservice if you only study the right answer choices.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 26, 2004
  5. >Did you study all of the possible answers, and not just the "right"
    >answers? You learn a lot by studying why the wrong answers are wrong.
    >Sometimes more than 1 answer is right, but one is "more right".

    Eric, this is exactly the reason for my point of view I made before.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 26, 2004
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    In addition to knowing how to answer questions, this exam is also heavy on
    developing a database model based on a given business requirement.

    Guest, Jul 27, 2004
  7. >In addition to knowing how to answer questions, this exam is also heavy on
    >developing a database model based on a given business requirement.

    getaway!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hmmm?

    Guest, Jul 27, 2004
  9. www.itscalledsarcasm.com

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:51:23 -0400, <WKidd> wrote:

    >hmmm?
    >
    >"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
    >> >In addition to knowing how to answer questions, this exam is also heavy

    >on
    >> >developing a database model based on a given business requirement.

    >> getaway!
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame34.html

    Guest, Jul 27, 2004
  11. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004