    --
    Thanks in advance

    Remove the XXX to reply

    Click, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Click

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Click" <> wrote in news:3f6a68e4$0$6525$afc38c87
    @news.optusnet.com.au:

    > Is there a good web site that you can recommend that will explain the
    > differences between the various sorts of batteries now available for use
    > with digital cameras?

    There are only two rechargable battery types: LiIon and NiMH. NiMH
    batteries are rechargeable, and are usually in standard shapes/sizes (i.e.
    AAs). LiIon are in proprietary shapes and sizes.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Click

    Mike Fields Guest

    Check this out -- excellent information on different battery
    chemistries etc.
    http://www.buchmann.ca/sitemap.asp

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Phil Stripling, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Click

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    www.greenbatteries.com

    Mick Ruthven, Sep 19, 2003
  6. Click

    Bob Salomon Guest

    www.ansmann.de

    --
    HP Marketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Sep 19, 2003
  7. "Click" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a good web site that you can recommend that will explain the
    > differences between the various sorts of batteries now available for use
    > with digital cameras?

    http://www.antonbauer.com/handbook/handbook.html#voltage

    http://www.antonbauer.com/downloads/2002Handbook.pdf

    This is the "bible" on rechargeable batteries.

    You really don't have much choice these days. The lower end cameras use NiMH
    AA cells, the higher end cameras use Li-Ion proprietary batteries. The
    Li-Ion battery pack contains additional circuitry for charge control and
    monitoring, which is why there are no standard Li-Ion cells that are sold to
    consumers.

    The tradeoffs are that AA NiMH batteries are cheaper, but have less energy
    density for the same size and weight as Li-Ion packs.

    You can now buy 10 packs of 200mAH NiMH cells for less than $9, as they've
    become a commodity item.

    You can see the ratings of the various manufacturer's batteries at:

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

    But be sure to look at pricing as well. The batteries I mention above are
    the Lenmar 2000mAH, which have the lowest actual rating of the 2000mAH
    batteries he tested. However the percentage difference is small, while the
    price difference is huge.

    I calculated the cost/AH for the batteries on that list that tested at
    1750mAH or greater, using the best prices I could find on-line:

    Battery $ per AH (1000mAH)
    Lenmar 2000 0.50
    Panasonic 1950 1.37
    Quest 1800 1.42
    Nexcell 2000 1.48
    Energizer 1850 1.64
    Kodak 1850 1.65
    Sanyo 1850 1.77
    GE/Sanyo 1850 1.78
    Sanyo 2100 1.99
    Nexcell 2100 1.99
    Powerex 2200 1.99
    Powerex 2000 2.02
    GP 2000 2.03

    It's clear than the Lenmar 2000 is the most cost-effective by a wide margin
    (in the ten pack). But if you need the highest capacity, then go with the
    Powerex 2200. The Powerex 2200 is 32% higher capacity than the Lenmar 2000,
    at a 300% price premium.

    Steven M. Scharf, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Click

    HRosita Guest