    images, some look better in some viewers, others look better in others,
    and lots of them look totally defective in Irfanview.

    What should a person use as a STANDARD for viewing images onscreen?

    Douglas W. Hoyt, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Douglas W. Hoyt

    Alan Terry Guest

    In article <>, Douglas W. Hoyt
    <> writes
    >But I'm trying edits in different programs (I-correct, JASC, Roxio,
    >Compupic) and depending on which viewer is used to view and compare the
    >images, some look better in some viewers, others look better in others,
    >and lots of them look totally defective in Irfanview.
    >
    >What should a person use as a STANDARD for viewing images onscreen?

    Not clear if it's other people viewing the images that is your goal or
    just you.

    If it's other people the answer might be IE!!!

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Douglas W. Hoyt

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:18:34 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Douglas W. Hoyt"
    <> wrote:

    >What should a person use as a STANDARD for viewing images onscreen?

    You don't say what size the image is and what size it is being displayed at
    on screen. If for any reason it is not being displayed at full size, then
    the program you are viewing it in needs to resample the image to the
    displayed size. Various programs use different algorithms to do this with
    varying effect. To make a valid comparison you need to view the images at
    full size so each pixel in the image is displayed as a single pixel on the
    screen.

    You also need to be aware of any color management the program may or may
    not be doing.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Feb 11, 2004