Good AVI converter needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    My first message 8 hours ago did not yield any response due to multiple 4
    letter word exchange and is now 150 messages away...
    Here we go again.

    Hi,
    I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly AVI files).
    They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player that supports a number
    of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to convert
    them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or CD. I
    have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated or
    too slow.

    Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use software
    that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial software).
    I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple settings,
    etc.

    Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion issues? Any
    hint is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Murgi email: -net.ne.jp

    Murgi, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Murgi wrote:
    > My first message 8 hours ago did not yield any response due to
    > multiple 4
    > letter word exchange and is now 150 messages away...
    > Here we go again.
    >
    > Hi,
    > I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly
    > AVI files). They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player
    > that supports a number
    > of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to
    > convert
    > them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or
    > CD. I
    > have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated
    > or
    > too slow.
    >
    > Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use
    > software
    > that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial
    > software).
    > I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple
    > settings,
    > etc.
    >
    > Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion
    > issues? Any
    > hint is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi email: -net.ne.jp

    > News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized
    > Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    Check out this one,
    alt.dvd.video
    there seems to be a lot of posts in it that could be of use to you. I
    clicked on one post, "AVI and MP3 video files." It is along the same lines
    of what you are asking about.
    HTH But if it doesn't then do a search in the newsgroup listings for
    'DVD' only. There were lots to choose from.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Murgi wrote:
    >> Check out this one,
    >> alt.dvd.video
    >> there seems to be a lot of posts in it that could be of use to you.
    >> I clicked on one post, "AVI and MP3 video files." It is along the
    >> same lines

    >> of what you are asking about.

    > Yes, there is a lot in it! Thanks...

    You're welcome.

    >> HTH But if it doesn't then do a search in the newsgroup listings
    >> for

    >> 'DVD' only. There were lots to choose from.

    > I wish there was a NG called "How to ask intelligently":)

    There actually is a webpage for helping you out with that, but I don't
    have the link for it. Perhaps someone else will post it for you.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Feb 1, 2005