    I want to buy a good book to prepare for the A+ exams, which one should
    I buy and the more up to date.

    Thank you !
    Atxa, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Atxa

    Remo Guest

    "Atxa" <> wrote in message
    news:M_twd.308748$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to buy a good book to prepare for the A+ exams, which one should I
    > buy and the more up to date.
    >
    > Thank you !

    michael myers 5th edition all in one and sybex A+ and passport A+. never
    get all your information from one source!

    Remo A+
    Remo, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Atxa

    Guest

    You can go to course.com and get text books for the A+. I prefer text
    books for studying for the A+ because of the breakdown of information.
    Each chapter follows a logical sequence of learning. Building from
    chapter to chapter. They are hardcovered and cost more than the A+
    passport book. However, well worth it. Also, there are labs in each
    chapter to give you hands on experience. The books are put out by
    Thompson course Technology. You could probably also get them from a
    reputable bookstore. They have several different textbooks, you can
    also get a complete bundle for about 150 bucks. The bundle has all
    kinds of studying materials, software, lab books, tool, etc.
    Johnny
    , Dec 18, 2004
  4. Atxa

    Atxa Guest

    Atxa wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to buy a good book to prepare for the A+ exams, which one should
    > I buy and the more up to date.
    >
    > Thank you !

    Thank you for your informations, I think that I'll do Server+ exam instead.
    Atxa, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Atxa

    Remo Guest

    "Atxa" <> wrote in message
    > Atxa wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I want to buy a good book to prepare for the A+ exams, which one should I
    >> buy and the more up to date.
    >>
    >> Thank you !

    > Thank you for your informations, I think that I'll do Server+ exam
    > instead.

    If you have no previous Certs then you are fooling yourself if you think you
    can do Server + without doing A+ first !

    Remo A+
    Remo, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Atxa

    Bum Guest

    "Remo" <> wrote in

    > "Atxa" <> wrote in message
    >> Atxa wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I want to buy a good book to prepare for the A+ exams, which one
    >>> should I buy and the more up to date.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you !

    >> Thank you for your informations, I think that I'll do Server+ exam
    >> instead.
    >>

    > If you have no previous Certs then you are fooling yourself if you
    > think you can do Server + without doing A+ first !
    >

    > Remo A+

    Then again if you have years of experience in the field A+ serves no
    purpose other then as a formality. Particularly, if one's experience is
    in infrastructure. Which would beg the question, why get a certificate
    unless you are looking to either a) transition into networking, b)
    seeking to progress in the field or solidify one's position in the
    organization or c) necessary for providing warranty work.

    I only say this because A+ is for those needing to validate their
    knowledge and equivalent experience of 500 hours in the field. While
    Network+ is for those with 9 months of experience. If you have
    substantially more experience then this, it serves little purpose other
    than for b and c in the preceding statement.

    Oh well the fallacy of certifications.

    Best bet to keep all happy, is to do both the A+ and Network+.

    Bum
    Bum, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Atxa

    Atxa Guest

    Remo wrote:
    > "Atxa" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Atxa wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>I want to buy a good book to prepare for the A+ exams, which one should I
    >>>buy and the more up to date.
    >>>
    >>>Thank you !

    >>Thank you for your informations, I think that I'll do Server+ exam
    >>instead.
    >>

    > If you have no previous Certs then you are fooling yourself if you think you
    > can do Server + without doing A+ first !
    >

    > Remo A+

    Hi Remo,

    I own 4 MCP (NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, NT4 Enterprise and Networking
    essentials).

    I succeed 5 practice exams of Server+ and I didn't bought the book yet,
    I know that somes exams are really tough but I will study.

    Bye !
    Atxa, Dec 21, 2004
  8. Atxa

    Atxa Guest

    > Then again if you have years of experience in the field A+ serves no
    > purpose other then as a formality. Particularly, if one's experience is
    > in infrastructure. Which would beg the question, why get a certificate
    > unless you are looking to either a) transition into networking, b)
    > seeking to progress in the field or solidify one's position in the
    > organization or c) necessary for providing warranty work.
    >
    > I only say this because A+ is for those needing to validate their
    > knowledge and equivalent experience of 500 hours in the field. While
    > Network+ is for those with 9 months of experience. If you have
    > substantially more experience then this, it serves little purpose other
    > than for b and c in the preceding statement.
    >
    > Oh well the fallacy of certifications.
    >

    > Best bet to keep all happy, is to do both the A+ and Network+.
    >
    > Bum

    Hello,

    I repair and build computers since 5 years in a computer store so I have
    a lot of experience but some enterprise prefer diploma or certificate too.

    I have a question, in some place to be HP or Compaq or any other brand
    name authorized dealer or repair center, they need A+ certified
    technician, is a Server+ can replace a A+ in those place ?
    Atxa, Dec 21, 2004
  9. Atxa

    Bum Guest

    Atxa <> wrote in news:SJ2yd.337372$0f.330027
    @charlie.risq.qc.ca:

    > I have a question, in some place to be HP or Compaq or any other brand
    > name authorized dealer or repair center, they need A+ certified
    > technician, is a Server+ can replace a A+ in those place ?

    HP/Compaq and others are pretty much a stickler on this point sorry to say
    Bum, Dec 22, 2004