    You shoulda seen the feathers fly when this guy ran outta line.

    Such a lovely day deserves at least one 3-shot 180-degree pano.
    (Tripods are for wimps!)

    Annika1980, Jan 19, 2009

  2. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 19, 1:35 am, wizofoz2k <> wrote:

    Nothing worthwhile.

    BTW, fuckwit, if you want to start slamming me again don't be
    surprised when complaints are lodged with your ISP and your employer.
    In fact, I would even consider legal action against you and we both
    know I'd win.

    Annika1980, Jan 19, 2009

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    More dickless threats.

    Annika1980, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jan 19, 2009
  5. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jan 19, 8:26 am, "Focus" <> wrote:
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message

    > > Despite chilling temperatures, it was crowded on the lake today.
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297914/original

    > > The competition was fierce.  It seemed like every time I spotted a
    > > good fish, someone else got there first.
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297913/original

    > > You shoulda seen the feathers fly when this guy ran outta line.
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297915/original

    > > Such a lovely day deserves at least one 3-shot 180-degree pano.
    > > (Tripods are for wimps!)
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297916/original

    > Too dark. You need a 5D mII for this?
    >
    > --
    > Focus

    It's a damn shame that no matter what topic of photography is posted,
    N.S. has to ruin it for everybody. I've KF him.........he's not worth
    it. I only see his garbage when someone replies.

    I've got a properly calibrated monitor and I don't see them being dark
    at all. Exposure is spot on. This one is outstanding:

    Helen, Jan 19, 2009
  6. Re: WARNING!

    Noons wrote:
    > J. Clarke wrote,on my timestamp of 19/01/2009 7:27 PM:
    >> wizofoz2k wrote:

    >>> don't start something you are too afraid to finish

    >> Killfiling posts to this group which contain "dick", due to overuse of
    >> the word by dickheads.
    >>

    > There are at least three newsgroups in that
    > message, why do you call it "this group" ?
    > Are you on of those people who think that
    > plural is the same as singular?

    Dolt! In John's context, it makes 0 diff how many NGs are in the Headers.
    Drunken sod.

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Jan 19, 2009
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 19, 10:54 am, Helen <> wrote:

    > I've got a properly calibrated monitor and I don't see them being dark
    > at all.  Exposure is spot on.  This one is outstanding:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297913/original

    So ...... National Geographic stuff, you think?

    I agree about Noons. One thing I've learned here is that no matter
    what you try to do good, someone is waiting to crap all over it. And
    it's usually Noons.
    He and the other Aussie inbred must lead miserable lives.
    Sad.

    Annika1980, Jan 19, 2009
  8. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jan 19, 1:22 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Jan 19, 10:54 am, Helen <> wrote:
    >

    > > I've got a properly calibrated monitor and I don't see them being dark
    > > at all.  Exposure is spot on.  This one is outstanding:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297913/original

    > So ...... National Geographic stuff, you think?
    >
    > I agree about Noons.  One thing I've learned here is that no matter
    > what you try to do good, someone is waiting to crap all over it.  And
    > it's usually Noons.
    > He and the other Aussie inbred must lead miserable lives.
    > Sad.

    "So ...... National Geographic stuff, you think?"

    Of course, but then you don't need me to keep telling you that.

    Helen, Jan 19, 2009
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 19, 2:12 pm, George Kerby <> wrote:

    > Hey Brett, have you tried the HD video? I hear that there is quite a
    > controversy as to it's quality.

    Not much controversy. It's great if you can focus properly.
    However, it's almost impossible to focus on anything moving.

    It's also a bear to edit, especially on an older computer.

    Annika1980, Jan 19, 2009
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 19, 5:19 pm, George Kerby <> wrote:

    > I was asking because I just discovered that my wife's P&S Canon SD1100 has
    > exceptional low noise level when shooting with normal room lighting. Nothing
    > professional, of course, but I was impressed and am considering getting my
    > hands on a 5D II based on your and others' feedback. So the autofocus is a
    > problem with teles, or with all? And do you use the viewfinder, or the LCD
    > screen in the video mode? TIA!

    The autofocus works fine with stills. The problem is that the
    viewfinder blanks out in video mode (when the mirror is up) so you
    have to use the LCD to compose and focus. Don't get me wrong, it's a
    fine LCD but there is just no way to do critical focusing by looking
    at a 3" screen.
    For stills you can use the LCD in Live Mode and zoom in up to 10x so
    critical focusing is a breeze. But for video the zoom feature doesn't
    work so all you can see is the full image across that beautiful 3"
    screen.

    Pros with unlimited budgets, like Vincent Laforet, use external HD
    screens to do their focusing and special rigs like those from Redrock
    Micro to hold the camera and focus smoothly.

    The whole buzz about the Fab 5D2's video mode is that it works great
    in low light and it allows you to use all your lenses so you can use,
    say a f/1.2L lens for very shallow DOF which looks strikingly better
    than a consumer camcorder with it's large DOF. The problem is that in
    order to get a shallow DOF in broad daylight you'll need some ND
    filters on the lens. And good luck with the focusing. By the time
    you spring for the external HD monitor and the Redrock Micro rig for
    smooth holding and focusing, you could've bought a dedicated HD
    camcorder and an adapter for the EF lenses. But then you still
    wouldn't get the Fab 5D2's outstanding low-light performance. Life is
    full of tradeoffs.

    Annika1980, Jan 20, 2009
  11. Annika1980

    Mr.T Guest

    Mr.T, Jan 20, 2009
  12. Annika1980

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Karl Hawkins wrote:
    > (pomposity removed)

    Oh look, it's Keoeeit, the anti-dslr troll!

    Still think "B" stands for FlashBulb"?

    Mark Thomas, Jan 20, 2009
  13. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jan 20, 3:59 am, Mark Thomas <markt@_don't_spam_marktphoto.com>
    wrote:
    > Karl Hawkins wrote:
    > > (pomposity removed)

    > Oh look, it's Keoeeit, the anti-dslr troll!
    >
    > Still think "B" stands for FlashBulb"?

    Thanks Mark. No profile and no other posts made me very suspicious,
    and when he started his personal attacks, that was a dead give-away.

    His compassion for the disabled is disgraceful, shameful and immoral.
    Reminds me of Hitler actually.

    Helen, Jan 20, 2009
  14. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Jan 19, 1:18 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Despite chilling temperatures, it was crowded on the lake today.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297914/original
    >
    > The competition was fierce.  It seemed like every time I spotted a
    > good fish, someone else got there first.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297913/original
    >
    > You shoulda seen the feathers fly when this guy ran outta line.http://www..pbase.com/bret/image/108297915/original
    >
    > Such a lovely day deserves at least one 3-shot 180-degree pano.
    > (Tripods are for wimps!)http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297916/original

    Well done captures, Bret. A bit over contrast for me, but then it
    could be my monitor. A laptop always has a
    more contrasty screen than a stand alone monitor.

    As for images to NG, yes they could be. But they really don't show
    anything that any one
    couldn't see. NG is always looking for the unique for a short spread.
    You just have to give up
    all rights to the images, forever.

    Keep shooting and showing Bret.

    Draco

    Draco, Jan 20, 2009
  15. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 19, 11:14 pm, "Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote:
    > "> Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >  >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297913/original
    >
    > Are those two huge dust spots near the bottom already? :)
    > Would look much better if you got rid of them IMO.

    Those are water drops from the bird.

    Annika1980, Jan 20, 2009
  16. Karl Hawkins wrote:

    > Someone sorely needs to learn how to use a curve tool in their editor. Dark-gray
    > waters also clearly show that the photographer doesn't know how to adjust their
    > camera properly to override its suggested idiot's-(auto)-exposure settings and
    > instead is always relying on point & shoot tactics like any vacationing
    > snapshooter would do. A waste of a good camera on someone that is clearly
    > showing that they don't know how to use one.

    Your grammar is only slightly less atrocious than your wanton attacks on
    a photographer's choices. Get over Bret! Learn English; it's not that
    difficult.

    Thanks, Bret; I like the image a lot, but without it coming into a nest
    at 2,000 feet in a 150 foot tree, no NG on this one!
    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Jan 20, 2009
  17. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 20, 4:48 am, "Focus" <> wrote:

    > I guess now you need a screen calibration too?
    > Maybe we all need a special Bret calibration, so we can see his pictures
    > thru his pink glasses ;-)

    Maybe the bird's momma got fucked by a flamingo?
    Did you ever think of that, Einstein?

    The bird does look a bit pink, now that you mention it.
    Sometimes that can be due to reflections near the bird, but I don't
    remember anything pink out there that day. Perhaps my old monitor is
    due for a calibration as you suggest.

    I don't believe the shot was underexposed, however. Any more exposure
    would've blown the bird out to pure white.

    ===================

    Note to D-Mac: See how easy it is to admit you f'd up?
    Notice that I didn't blame it on JPG compression or color space
    issues.

    Annika1980, Jan 20, 2009
  18. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 20, 8:51 am, "Focus" <> wrote:

    > Obviously you're clueless: the pictures are too dark. If you look at the
    > exif, you'll see they're all under exposed by 2/3 of a stop. Do you know
    > what that means? Either the 5D mII is a piece of crap or Bret doesn't have a
    > clue what he's doing.
    > I'm guessing both.

    It means the birds are very white and not using EC would blow out the
    highlights.
    Perhaps you should take a course in the use of Exposure Compensation
    to attain correct exposure?

    What is the subject .... the bird or the water? Which should be
    exposed correctly? (Hint: You can't choose both.)

    Note that the bird pic ( http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297913 )
    has 1/3 stop more exposure than the pic of the birds on the lake
    ( http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/108297914 ) and yet it looks
    darker. Perhaps because I wanted it to.

    Annika1980, Jan 20, 2009
  19. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    Helen wrote,on my timestamp of 20/01/2009 11:18 PM:

    > Reminds me of Hitler actually.

    You don't have enough memory to be "reminded"...

    Noons, Jan 20, 2009
  20. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    Helen wrote,on my timestamp of 20/01/2009 2:54 AM:

    > It's a damn shame that no matter what topic of photography is posted,
    > N.S. has to ruin it for everybody. I've KF him.........he's not worth

    Hey Helen:

    **** YOU , you STUPID BITCH.

    Got it?

    Noons, Jan 20, 2009